Chapter 30

Adhya POV:

As I woke up, I found Anandh holding my hand. I moved a little, but my body felt like it went over a thousand trucks. Then I recalled what happened; I was hit by a truck. Oh my God, I was hit by a truck! How is Maan? Is he fine? He's here. Then where is he? My mind raced with a thousand thoughts as Anandh noticed me waking. He crushed me into a bone-breaking hug, saying, "Oh my God, Di, you're finally awake. We were worried that you were still asleep beyond the time."

I asked, "Kiddo, where is Maan?" He said, "He is talking to the doctor, Di. Wait, I will call him." I stopped him, asking what happened after I was hit by a truck. He said, "Di, we will talk later. Now I will call the doctor." I suddenly had this mischievous thought. I don't know whether it was because I was still on a drug dosage or something else. I wanted to do this.

I said to Anandh with a creepy smile, "Anandh, will you please cooperate with me?" He said, "Di, what are you going to do? Your leg is not fine; please don't play." I put on my puppy dog eyes as I asked him, "What, kiddo? Won't you do it for your Di, huh? I am hurt." He said, "Okay, fine, tell me what it is."

I said, "I don't know who Maan is." He raised his eyebrow, asking, "What do you mean you dont know him?" I replied, "Well, I don't remember him." He got the plan as he said, "No, no, Di, it's not gonna happen. If we get caught, he is going to kill me first." I pouted, saying, "Please, kiddo, please. It is our birthday in 5 days. Until then, please help me."

He sighed, saying, "Di, you really are going to get me killed. Fine, what do you want me to do?" I said, "Say this to all our family, and the remaining plan, I will tell you when we get home." He nodded, asking, "How will you manage the doctor?" I replied, "What are you there for? Go talk to him." He came closer to me, placing his hands on my neck. He said, "Di, you just woke up, and you're already planning ways to kill me. Wow, I am really lucky to have you, huh?" I smirked. "Go, kiddo." He went.

As Abhi barged in, he came to me, hugging tightly as he asked, "Angel, angel, are you fine? I was damn worried." As he pulled me out of his embrace because I didn't hug him back, it took all my strength not to hug him back, but I had to do this not just because I wanted to tease him, but because I wanted to know one thing.

He raised his eyebrow as I asked, "Who are you?" putting on my best acting skills. He asked, "What? You don't know who I am, Angel? Stop playing games." I asked again, "Who are you, and why are you calling me Angel?" He had tears in his eyes as he asked, "You really don't remember me?" I internally scolded myself for doing this but acted along, saying, "Why are you crying? Who are you to me?" He asked, "Do you remember who you are?" I nodded, saying, "Yes, I am Aradhya."

He asked, "Then do you know why you are here?" I nodded, saying, "I was hit by a truck while I went to buy ice cream." He looked at me with a hurt and pained expression. He said, "I was the one who bought you ice cream." I shook my head, saying, "This is the first time I am seeing you. What is your name?" I asked. He stood up, going back, and said to himself, "No, no, this can't be happening." He shouted, "Doctor!" as the doctor and Anandh came in. Anandh shot me a thumbs up, and I smiled back at him before putting on my acting face as I turned to Anandh, asking, "Kiddo, who is he?"

Anandh came to me, and he said, "Di, he is Abhi bhai. Why are you asking me as if you don't know him?" I appreciated his acting as I looked at Abhi and back at him. I said, "No, I don't know him. Why are you acting like I am so close to him?" Anandh turned to the doctor, and the doctor said, "You both, please wait outside." The doctor came to me, saying, "Do you really want to do this?" I nodded.

He said, "Well then, I will help you, but please take care of yourself." I nodded, saying, "Don't worry, doc. The man outside will make sure to take care of me no matter what situation we are in." The doctor nodded, saying, "I know. I saw it in his eyes."