Chapter 22

Abhi POV:

I was stunned to see Adhya shouting at the board members. I am proud of my girl; she is always my guardian angel. As all of this was completed, she told me, "Maan, take me to our home," which I was glad to do because I wanted to relax a bit.

As we both sat down in the living room, we watched "Veer-Zaara," a Shah Rukh Khan movie. We cuddled as we ate pizza. There was a dialogue in the movie: "Sachi mohabbat zindagi mein sirf ek baar hoti hai ... aur jab hoti hai ... toh koi bhagwan yah khuda usse nakamyab nahi hone deta."

Adhya turned to me and said, "I lobe you, Maan." I chuckled and cupped her face, saying, "I lobe you too, baby. You're my first and last love." She smiled as we cuddled close, and as the climax of the movie came, I agreed that it was an epic love story. We both always loved watching his movies.

I stood up as the movie ended, taking her hand. She looked at me, confused. I said, "Let's sleep, angel. We had a long day today."

I gave her a piggyback ride to our room, which was a place filled with memories, our sanctuary. I looked into her eyes and said, "You know, angel, today was one hell of a day. I don't know what I would've done without you."

She smiled and replied, "And you don't ever have to find out. We're always one, remember? I'll always be there for you."

I gently kissed her forehead, feeling the warmth of her presence. "I'm the luckiest man in the world to have you by my side," I confessed.

Adhya pulled me into a warm, loving embrace, her voice a soft whisper against my chest. "And I'm the luckiest woman to have you as mine."

I said, "Tomorrow I will take you on a date. What do you say?"

She smiled happily and said, "Yeah, let's go, but on one condition."

I bowed playfully and said, "Your wish is my command, angel."

"Tomorrow, we both will be normal people, not the great businessman and the famous author. We will spend our day like most normal couples do." she said.

I agreed, appreciating her simplicity. As we lay there, wrapped in each other's arms, I couldn't help but think that no matter what challenges we faced, as long as we had each other, we could overcome anything.

The next morning, I woke up early to make her breakfast in bed. As I took the breakfast to our room, Adhya immediately woke up, smelling the food. She's a true food lover. She jumped up, exclaiming, "Maan, you're the best boyfriend," and hugged me, circling her legs around my torso as I sat down. She settled in my lap, and I fed her breakfast, talking about random things, laughing, and enjoying our relaxed day.

As we both got ready, she came to me, asking for the nth time today, "Maan, please tell me where we're going." I sighed and took her hand, going downstairs. I said, "If you ask me one more time, I swear I will put tape on your mouth, angel. It's a surprise." She pouted, but she sat in the car, and I leaned over from the driver's seat to kiss her pout and put her seatbelt on.

I took her to our favorite restaurant, and she laughed, saying, "Maan, seriously, this is the surprise?" I smiled and replied, "No, angel. We'll have lunch and then go there, okay?" She nodded.

As we finished eating, we drove off. I blindfolded her, and though she initially resisted and made a fuss about it, she reluctantly agreed. I led her onto our private plane and then removed the blindfold. She adjusted to the sight around her and gasped when she saw the plane. She punched me and asked, "Maan, where are you taking me? I didn't even pack my luggage."

I sighed and replied, "I packed our luggage, baby. Now relax and enjoy, okay?" She looked out of the window as the plane took off, and she immediately drifted off to sleep. I took her to the bedroom and made her sleep comfortably. I left to send some emails.