Chapter 26

Abhi POV:

I woke up early the next day, recalling the incidents from yesterday I felt numb, my mother was killed by her but I couldnt do anything about it. I went out for some fresh air as Rohan bhai was there, he insisted that I join him for a morning jog. When I returned, Adhya was nowhere to be found, but a note awaited me.

"Maan, I promise this will all end soon. Please trust me. Don't come searching for me. I will be fine and I will come back to you. I promise. Listen to what the brothers say, okay? Love you. See you soon. Your angel."

Her kiss mark adorned the note, leaving me conflicted and anxious. When would she stop taking matters into her own hands? When would she let me share the burden and worry? I thought

I sighed, clueless about Adhya's plans. Outside, Anandh and Sid were posted like guards at my room. Confused, I asked them, "What are you both doing here?"

Sid, urgent, replied, "Bhai, get ready. We need to go."

Growing frustrated, I raised my voice, "What the hell is going on?" They both looked scared, and just then, Rohan Bhai stepped in, saying, "Abhi, get ready. I'll tell you everything on the way, okay?"

I asked once more, "But bhai, where is angel?" Rohan Bhai's response was stern, a strict tone cutting through, "Abhi, please get ready. Princess is fine, I promise."

Feeling a sense of helplessness, I retreated to get ready, I couldn't shake the thought that Adhya was out there, fighting for me and our family, while I just stood here. It wasn't that I am mad at her; it's just hurt, you know? I know she's worried about me, sure, but that doesn't mean she should handle everything on her own. We should talk things through, right? I thought.

As I stepped out, my brothers were waiting, and together, we headed to the company, the weight of the situation hanging heavy.

On the way, Rohan Bhai shared, "Abhi, just go with the flow, okay? Trust Princess in this. Once everything is done, she'll tell you what happened." I nodded but couldn't help asking, "But bhai, why didn't you tell me this sooner? Am I not trusted enough?"

Rohan Bhai pulled me into a hug, reassuring, "No, Abhi, it's not that. You were asleep yesterday, and Adhya didn't want you to wake up with more worries. She didn't want you to stress about other things as you were already in the pain of loosing your mom, we thought of telling you today morning. But the situation escalated quickly, and we didn't get the time to tell you, okay?" I nodded weakly.

As I entered, everyone was looking at me strangely, with anger in their eyes. I didn't understand why. My PA approached, showing me the news as we entered the cabin. The news claimed, "Abhimanyu Raichand is a playboy who played with girls' lives." I was taken aback. Since when did I become a playboy? There was even a girl saying, "Yes, he slept with me, and the next day, he threatened me, saying he would hurt my family if this came out."

I was at a loss for words. This was the first time in my life I had seen her face, and I couldn't fathom how I could be involved in blackmail. My brothers saw my reaction, and Sid, quipped, "Why did you do this to Di, bhai?" I looked at him, shaking my head, "No, Sid, I don't even know this woman, I swear."

Rohan Bhai smacked Sid on the head, scolding, "This is not the time to play around." Sid laughed, "Well, he looked so horrified, So I wanted to tease him a bit."

I stared at them, utterly confused, asking desperately, "Please, somebody tell me what is happening. Where is Angel? Does she know about this? Does she believe this?" I knew she trusted me, but I needed confirmation. I babbled on until Rohan reassured, "Abhi, cool down. Now, watch the news."