Chapter 17

Adhya POV:

I woke up to Maan calling me softly, as I opened my eyes to see him holding a rose. I rubbed my eyes to see if I was dreaming, but he was there, standing with a rose in one hand.

"Good morning, Angel," he said, kissing my forehead and handing me the flower.

I asked Maan what the occasion was, and he replied, "Nothing. Today, when I went for jogging, I saw this in our garden, so I thought of giving it to you."

I gave him an "aww" sound as I got up to get ready, but before I could make a move, he playfully pushed me back into bed. He said "Did you forget to say something angel".

I gave him a playful smile and asked, "What am I exactly suppose to say, Maan?" teasing him. His response was a mischievous smirk, and he started tickling my sides. I laughed uncontrollably and couldn't catch my breath as I tried to push him away.

He said, "Say it, and I'll stop." In the midst of my laughter, I managed to say, "I... I lo.. lobe yo.. you, Maan." He released me and hugged me tightly, teasingly saying, "I lobe you, my baby."

I pouted, pushing him a little. "You have to say 'I love you too,'" I insisted.

He cupped my cheek, looking into my eyes. "I love you," he said with a smile. "Because I love the real you, not just based on you loving me. So, I lobe you, angel." I playfully punched his back in response saying "You became way to cheesy these days maan, now come on go get ready." He said again while leaving " I lobe you angel"  I laughed at the fact that we had our own term of love now. I whispered back, "I lobe you, Maan."

After he left, I continued to prepare myself for the day. I wore a red kurta, I look bold and confident. I did Light makeup and hair left open - I looked like a badass. This was the look I wanted, and I felt satisfied as I gazed at myself in the mirror. With a smile on my face, I headed downstairs, fully prepared for the important meeting with someone significant.

"Whoa, Di, whom are you going to slay today?" Sid exclaimed as he saw me coming downstairs. Everyone turned to look at me.

Baba, chimed in, "Oh, Princess, you look great today." I nodded and replied with a simple "Thanks." Then, Papa asked, "Where are you going today?"

"To the foundation, Papa," I replied, and he nodded. As Maa came into the room, she questioned my outfit, asking if I was going to play with kids dressed like that. I just shrugged and nodded in response.

During breakfast, I had to endure a meal that wasn't my favorite. My mom made sure I ate a variety of foods to ensure I got all the necessary nutrients for my growth. Abhi, sat next to me and noticed. He took my plate and started eating my food too.

Maa interrupted, "Abhi, you're spoiling her too much. She must learn to eat everything." Abhi firmly responded, "I will spoil her as much as I want, Maa. Please don't interfere. As for eating, let her eat whatever she likes. Please don't force her." I gave him one of my biggest smiles, and he ruffled my hair. Mom glared at me, but I looked away. Everyone in the family silently appreciated how Abhi always had my back, even if Mom wasn't pleased.

After breakfast, everyone went to work, and Abhi said, 'Angel, I will drop you there. Come.' I nodded and followed him. On the way, he stopped at our favorite daba (restaurant), and I squealed in joy. He chuckled at my reaction, and the owner recognized us, saying, 'Oh, Abhi beta, it's been so long. Sit down; I will get you your regular.' We both sat there, enjoying the morning view of green fields with a gentle breeze, as the clouds spread the fragrance before the rain. The atmosphere felt awesome.

I felt Abhi's intense stare on me as he leaned close to my ear. His lips gently brushed against my earlobe as he whispered, "Angel, you look hot today." I gasped at his sudden confession, and he chuckled as my cheeks turned bright red. We enjoyed our meal together, and as Abhi dropped me off near the foundation, he said, "Angel, I'm leaving you now, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to leave in the night." I playfully slapped his arm and said, "You have no shame, Maan."