Chapter 1: The Princess Yona

"Princess Yona, let us depart" said a ravenett "It is cold here" a crimson haired princess spoke softly "It does border the mountains" said the ravenett

Yona
'Back then, I had no idea it was so cold outside the castle. This is the Kingdom of Kouka, and that was once my castle. At the time, the king lived in Hiryuu Castle with no male heir, nor any queen to bear him one. Only his beloved fifteen-year-old daughter was raised there. This is the tenth year since the death of my father, the former king Junam.

Yuri
"Our Kingdom of Kouka is a small nation surrounded by powerful nations to the north and south, involving us in many wars. However, thankfully, these ten years have passed with no significant battles" " I tuned out the King's voice as I looked out at the croud "Where's the princess?" I said looking to the ravenett next me "It seems she is still getting ready" he said in a moody tone.

"Ah I see, because he's coming today" I watched his scowl deepen "and to this day, we have enjoyed prosperity on this land. My daughter, Yona, will soon be sixteen years old. I pray that, under the divine protection of Hiryuu, the king of old, the peace in this nation will last for all eternity!" "Long live King Il!" the crowd cheered and clapped "come on Hak, Yuri" king Il said, motioning his hand for us to follow.

We walked into the Princess's room as Min-Soo spoke up "You look wonderful, Princess. Forgive me, but you should proceed to the courtyard soon" but princess Yona shook her head "No! This isn't right. Hey, where is that chintz?" Princess Yona said running around her room, not even noticing us.

The King chuckled making the Princess turn to us "Father! What about the ceremony?" he shook his head "As you can see, it's over" the Princess looked guiltily at her father "Oh, no I'm sorry" "Well, no matter. It was merely a formality. There is no need for you to appear before the people" his majesty said trying to comfort the Princess.

"Um, Father Isn't there something odd about my hair?" the Princess said holding a strand of her hair "Of course not! Your beauty surpasses that of any jewel" "Yes, that of my face. I believe I was born with quite a cute face. But why is this hair so red and unruly? Grr! It won't behave at all!" she said yanking on her hair.

 But why is this hair so red and unruly? Grr! It won't behave at all!" she said yanking on her hair