Chapter 12: Light

YuriI was mesmerised by Seiryuu's beautiful eyes "you removed his mask" I looked at them confused "What's wrong?" "it's said one Look in his eyes will turn you to stone!" Kija and I looked at each other confused "Stone?"  "H-He's come to kill us" ...

Yuri
I was mesmerised by Seiryuu's beautiful eyes "you removed his mask" I looked at them confused "What's wrong?" "it's said one Look in his eyes will turn you to stone!" Kija and I looked at each other confused "Stone?"  "H-He's come to kill us" I shook my head "The Blue Dragon saved me. He would never kill someone for no reason"

I watched as Seiryuu closed his eyes and grabbed his mask. "Why did you come here, Blue Dragon?" Kija asked "You have no intention of coming with us, do you?" Seiryuu didn't say anything as he picked up an axe and walked towards Kija. Kija backed against the wall as Seiryuu got closer.  "Blue Dragon Don't!" Seiryuu lifted the axe and swung.

I closed my eyes not wanting to see the bloodshed "If you've come to help us escape, say so!" my eyes snapped open and I looked to see the axe was embedded in the wall for a few moments before he pulled back and swung at the wall again "I despaired at the thought that I might have to fight another dragon warrior! Wait- Where are you digging, anyway? The exit is over there" he looked to Kija "This leads to the outside. It's faster to break through here"

Kija grumbled "You should have said so sooner! Yun, Yuri, I shall dig us out of here momentarily" "I'll help dig" I said smiling at the two. Kija and I began swinging our claws at the wall and I heard Yun talking in the background "If you guys want to live, help us dig" as we continued digging the air began to get thinner "Just how much is there?" Kija said breathing heavily

"I know what you mean." We continued to keep digging until I suddenly heard the sound of clanging coming from the other side "everyone stand back!" soon the rocks caved in and a cloud of dust enveloped all of us. We coughed for a couple moments before the dust finally cleared to show Yona and Hak "Yuri!" I sighed in relief as Yona ran up and hugged me.

"Yuri" Hak whispered as he pulled Yona and I into a hug. I let out another relieved sigh as we made our way out of the caves "I'm surprised you knew where to dig" I said shielding my eyes from the sunlight "We got it out of the villagers" Yona said as we turned and looked at the wary villagers.

"When they realised their relatives were in there they fessed up" Hak said as he continued to glare at the villagers "I'm glad they aren't people who would abandon their families" I said as I stretched my limbs "So...What are you going to do about that, Princess?" I looked to where Hak was pointing and saw the villagers avoiding Seiryuu.

"It's a problem" Yona let out a sigh "I can't give up on him" I placed my hand on her shoulder and gave her a smile "let me give it a try" Yona nodded and I began making my way to Seiryuu "Blue Dragon! We'll ask again" I held my hand out to him "Let's travel together. We want to take you with us" he lifted his hand to grab mine but hesitated.

I let my eyes change color and become like his "You don't have to close your eyes with me. We are the same after all" I whispered with a smile. To give him an extra push I looked down at Ao before back at him "Does your power truly allow you to turn people to stone?"