Chapter 8: Shaking Resolve

None"So this is where you were" King Sop-Won's advisor Kye-Sook said walking into the accounting room "As you predicted, I discovered a secret account

None
"So this is where you were" King Sop-Won's advisor Kye-Sook said walking into the accounting room "As you predicted, I discovered a secret account. There are signs that taxes were being illegally managed" the Young King nodded with a smile "Good work" "I have already dismissed the man in charge. Evidently, the corruption runs deep" the Young King nodded thinking back to his predecessor "King Il was a kind man Kindness is not a crime. But sometimes, it awakens the weakness and greed in others"

"Yes Your Majesty" the Blonde looked down at the scrolls in his hand but before he could continue to read his advisor spoke again "Your highness, isn't that one of the books your father forbade from reading?" The young King looked at the book lying on top of his desk and smiled to himself "Yes. the legend of the five dragons. When I was a child, I would often sneak in here and find great excitement in reading this book" but that smile disappeared as he looked back to his scrolls "But it's only a fairy tale. Gods of fantasy cannot fix the Kingdom of Kouka"

 Gods of fantasy cannot fix the Kingdom of Kouka"

Yuri
"It's been a while. I've been waiting for your medicine" "Sir, do you have any rice? Sure. But it's rare to see you traveling with someone" I tipped my head down so that my long orange hair would hide my face Who's the girl?" "Oh I'm a fellow merchant. We have business near the border" the man nodded, not suspecting a thing and went on his merry way. I let Yona out of the bag I had been carrying on my shoulder and tied my hair in a low ponytail "I was so afraid we'd be discovered; my heart was pounding" Yun said to himself before turning to us.

"Listen up, you two. A red-haired princess" BOOM "general and beast" BOOM "It's Oranryuu or Flame beast" Yun looked at me confused but shook his head "And a handsome genius!" BOOM "We all stand out, so let's try not to draw attention" "Plus, we're near Fire Tribe territory and its capital city. You understand it'll be bad news if they find us, right?" Yun said giving us a deadpanned look "Yes, sir" "and thanks to the Oracle we know the four dragons live in secluded places" I said as I looked up at the sky.

"It isn't just the capital. It's near the Kai Empire, too" I said aloud, thinking about what the Oracle had told us "I finally got to go outside, so I'm really excited to see this mysterious village. Once I travel across the kingdom, I'll record my personal experiences!" Yun gushed. I smirked and walked over next to him "What's wrong? Your eyes are red. If you miss the Oracle, you can return to those mountains anytime"