Chapter 3: Distant Sky

A few days later we were getting closer to Fuuga but Princess Yona suddenly collapsed "Shall we rest a while?" I watched her hand move into her coat

A few days later we were getting closer to Fuuga but Princess Yona suddenly collapsed "Shall we rest a while?" I watched her hand move into her coat. I then realized it was the hairpin that Soo-Won gave her. I carefully moved her to lean against a tree and she slowly closed her eyes. I sat next to her and thought about my life with Yona.

Three Years Ago

Hak "I told you to attend today's clan meeting" I opened my eyes to see Grandpa Mundok walking towards me

Hak
"I told you to attend today's clan meeting" I opened my eyes to see Grandpa Mundok walking towards me. Not that I would ever call him grandpa anymore "You're the only one who needs to attend the meeting, Lord Mundok. Besides, I can't be bothered to listen to King Il's happy-go-lucky nonsense"

"Fool! Don't call me Lord Mundok"! Call me Grandpa! He yelled hitting me on the head "That's what you're upset about? We aren't even related by blood!" "Blood? Who cares about blood! I love you like your my own grandson!" "Now, now If you two keep fighting, Castle Hiryuu will blow away" we both turned to see King Il standing a few feet from us.

"I apologize, King Il" 'oh shit! I called him his chubbiness in front of him' "It's all right.  It's been a while, Hak" he said walking over to me "Yona's been lonely since you stopped coming to play" my cheeks heated up at his words but I shook my head to get rid of the thought "A commoner like me can't just walk into the castle freely" King Il shook his head "Nonsense. Don't worry about that.

"Oh, that's not true your chubbiness" by body froze realizing my words "your chubbiness?" suddenly I was being whacked on the head "how dare you call your King that!" "please refrain from using violence is Mundok!" 'thank god' I sighed rubbing my head "Hak's honesty is what I love about him" he walked up to me and held my hand.

"Here, seeing as you think I'm chubby" he said placing the steamed bun in my hand. "So, Hak, would you stay at the castle permanently, as one of Yona's bodyguards?" "Your Majesty, I find nobility a terrible bother. If I served at the castle or became a general, I wouldn't be able to take long naps at home" "Hak-" "You hate weapons, don't you?" when the King nodded I closed my eyes and turned to walk away.