Chapter 2: Torn Bonds

Yuri"Wh-Why? My father cared for you since you were a child" Yona said looking up at him in shock "You're right

Yuri
"Wh-Why? My father cared for you since you were a child" Yona said looking up at him in shock "You're right. I loved King Il, too. Even though people whispered that he was a coward who feared conflict, I used to believe that was what made him kind. However, I was wrong. That wasn't the case. Do you remember my father?"

"Yoo-hon?" "Ever since my father was young, he was courageous and intelligent. He grew into a man who always led our armies to victory. Everyone wanted him to become the next king, and no one doubted he would. However, ten years ago, the former king, Junam, chose not my father, but Uncle Il, as King of Kouka.

No one understood his choice. The eldest son was the rightful successor to the throne, so why did he choose the weak Il? But my father kept smiling. I was proud of my father, and had great respect for him. Someday, I hoped to stand alongside him on the battlefield, and offer my life to him. But after succeeding the throne, for reasons unknown, King Il killed Yoo-hon, his own brother"

Soo-Won shook his head with a cold glare "But King Il stabbed my father to death with a sword. Do you understand? King Il, who was thought to hate weapons and avoid conflict, killed my father with a sword: I shook my head "No It's not true. Your lying!" " It's the truth. I have avenged my father, and to honor his final wish, I will become King of Kouka" I glared at him I had heard you hardly ever visited the king's quarters. Why did you come, Yona?"

She didn't move her eyes from King Il's dead body as she spoke up "I wanted to tell him...I wanted to tell my father that I could never forget you Soo-won" she said as tears escaped from her eyes "Kye-sook" the man from the shadows moved closer to the light letting me see his features better "Everything is ready. You've achieved your long-cherished desire" the man looked to Yona and I.

"Did Princess Yona and Lady Yuri see you?" Soo-Won didn't answer, his only response was to look towards the ground "This will make things quick. Kill her, Lord Soo-won. Silence the princess. and Lady Yuri" Soo-Won stepped towards us making me grab Yona and pull her to my chest. "Soo-won?" she asked frightened.

Guards came at us but I ducked as they tried to tackle us and bumped into a candle that fell on some curtains "Put it out! We don't want anyone suspecting anything!" I took it as my chance to escape with Yona in my arms "Yes, sir!" "Seize her!" was yelled as I got further away from the King's quarters "Yes, sir!"

'Who was that person? That wasn't the boy Yona and I grew up with. This is not Soo-Won!'

We ran down the corridors until we came into an open area with stone walls "Prepare yourself, Lady Yuri, Princess" I placed Yona down and sheathed twin sword "everything is going to be alright Princess"

"This is for the Kingdom of Kouka" a guard said before charging at me. Scales growing up my arms and legs, my fingers and toes turning into claws. I pushed off the ground, One by one, guards that came at me were cut down. "Soo-Won!" distracted, I turned around to see a guard aiming an arrow at Yona.