Idol

So this was a request: 

Ok so, Reader is a orphan since she's 4. She was left on the front door of the orphanage. She has cancer since she's 14 has cancer (my brain named her Noemi for some reason-) she's 15, turning 16 in a few months and wished nothing more than to meet her idol before she dies, her caretaker Ms.Dockers (you can change the name ofc) somehow managed to contact Scarlett's manager and they arranged a meeting

Maybe the timeline being before the Endgame premiere? And that Noemi (or just reader) attends to it with scar +being introduced as her daughter while being there?

From the lovely:
scarlettsromanoff
Hope you like this <33
(Obviously the second bit will be in part 2!!!)

————

Y/N POV

For the first time in what feels like forever I had the best day today. It was totally a dream come true. Now let me tell you why.

So I've been an orphan since I was only little, I was told I was only 4 when I was found on my own at the door of the orphanage. I can't really remember much, I just know that clearly my parents didn't want me.

That used to really bother me, I wanted to have parents who loved me, I couldn't understand why they just abandoned me. It always made me question what was wrong with me.

But it's been 11 years, I'm 15 years old now, and honestly I've got way more important things to think about than the people who chose to leave me.

Ive watched other kids get adopted and leave this place, experience what we see as the happiest moment of our life, yet I'm still here at the same orphanage.

I don't mind it that much really, I've grown to love our caretaker, Mrs Dockers, and she looks out for me most of the time. Especially after I was diagnosed with cancer. That was when I was 14 and unfortunately I'm not getting better, rather worse. In fact the doctor told me last time that I could only have a couple more months.

I know that sounds sad, but I've come to accept it, and honestly find peace in that. I've been through a lot, and maybe this lifetime is ready to be finished.

It's my birthday in a couple days time and Mrs Dockers keeps telling me she's got a massive surprise for me, but won't give me any hints. She's like super excited herself, I see her genuinely jumping around and she's had a massive smile on her face these past few days, and it doesn't seem to be falling anytime soon. I don't usually get that excited by my birthdays but this time I'm quite looking forward to it. And I'm dying to see what this surprise is.

It's two days before my birthday right now and Mrs Dockers just practically barged in, danced across my room, screeching about how we've only got two days to wait now. I just giggle at her from my bed. She placed a tray of food on my lap, which I thanked her for, before she left.

I spend a lot of time resting now, not that I'm not able to get up and move around but it's a little bit harder for me some days. Whether that's physically or mentally, depending on the day.

I pass a lot of my time either reading or watching movies. My favourites are the avengers films, I love them so much. And I heard there's another caller 'endgame' coming soon, and I'm really hoping I get lucky enough to be here to see that. I think it's really inspiring, black widow is my absolute FAVOURITE. She's amazing. And I love Scarlett Johansson who plays her; she's my favourite actress. All of her films are really good and brings such comfort to me now. I wish I could meet her, I feel like she'd give really good hugs.

So this is how I spend the two days before my birthday, I basically binge watch all the marvel films that I love. Age of Ultron is one of my favourites, you see they introduce lots of characters like Wanda and pietro maximoff who i also love.