Touch

Both Wanda and Nat given their upbringing have struggled with craving touch. Sometimes all they need to make them feel any better is to hold a loved one close, and they feel like they can finally breathe properly again.

They thankfully pretty much always have each-other, seeing as they're now married. So whenever they're having a bad day they just rely on each other to be there for them and to hold them close, they enjoy bathing together and then snuggling up in bed and chatting, just feeling really close to one another, both physically and mentally.

Given that they're avengers sometimes they have to go on missions. Most of the time the two go together, but this one only Wanda was needed so they had to spend this time apart.

It was only supposed to be a one week mission, yet it had already been three, and Wanda and the others still weren't back yet.

Majority of the team went on this mission, it was only Nat, Sam, and Y/n that didn't go this time.

So naturally nobody really noticed when Nat started to struggle, even more than before, since she didn't have Wanda to help her through it this time.

Even Wanda had a significantly easier time because she was on a mission with her closest friends and brother, who would all look after her if she needed them.

Not that Sam and Y/n wouldn't look after Nat, but she made it a lot harder than Wanda. Plus Sam wasn't really ever at the compound, he was always out, so it was typically just Y/n and Nat.

See they were somewhat close, but had very much a mother daughter relationship and Nat felt like she shouldn't show any emotions or weaknesses to Y/n. She felt like she shouldn't rely on her to help her with things. So she did her best to hide it.

Although she just spent a lot of the time simply ignoring her daughter figure, seeing as she didn't want to put up a front, because she was exhausted. But that in turn made her miss everyone. She felt so alone, and little did she know avoiding y/n wasn't helping. It just made y/n sure that something was going on with her and planning to talk to her as soon as she could.

So that night y/n, after cooking dinner for them both, headed up to Nat's floor in the compound. Knocking on her door she got no response. So she gently knocked again. No response.

After sighing she said "Nat, I made dinner, can you let me in?"

She hears footsteps coming closer to the door, before Nat opens the door quickly, shoving a smile on her face.

N: "hey"

Y: "hey natty, can we eat together?"

N: "oh- um- I don't know.."

Y: "please.. I really don't feel like eating on my own.."

N: "mm okay come on in then" letting out a slight huff as she says it.

Y/n deflates at Nat's reaction, a frown taking over on her face and a slight pout.

Nat can't help but feel guilty at her reaction but she doesn't have the energy to reassure her. She needed her own comfort, she needed her Wanda.

They both settle down on her bed, taking a plate each as they eat, in a somewhat comforting silence.

Y/n breaks it after a little while asking "Nat.." before her mouth guppies like a fish and she can't bring herself to continue asking.

Nat gives her a gentle look at that and nods her head in a comforting way to encourage her to carry on.

"Well um, is everything okay? You've just uhh seemed a bit off lately, and I don't know I just wanted to know if I can help you? I know you can be private, umm but Wanda's not here.. and I'd like to think we're kind of close.."

Nat drops her head down at y/n's words, partly in shame. "I'm okay y/n/n, but thank you... how are you doing?"

Y/n lets out a breath before saying "I'm alright too, um I'm just missing everyone. It's kinda lonely around here, it's so quiet, like all of the time."

Nat nods saying "it is quiet. it's weird. But honey, I don't want you to feel lonely, I'm here if you need me."

Y/n gives Nat a little smile "thanks natty.. but I didn't want to make anything harder for you.. you aren't the 'normal you' right now.."

At those words Nat can't help when her eyes tear up, pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her head on her legs. One of her legs starting to nervously shake, making y/n concerned about the woman she sees as her mother.

She reaches out to her "Natty, hey it's okay, I'm here." As she places her hands on her legs, rubbing them in comfort, as she leans to press a kiss to her knee given its in-front of her.

To y/n's surprise Nat whimpers at the contact making her really worried.

Y: " do you want me to hold you?"

Making Nat just cry harder but when y/n cups her cheek with her hand, Nat leans into the touch, making y/n sure that's what she needs.

So y/n shuffles back and sits against the headboard, then pats the space right beside her for Nat to join her mumbling words of encouragement "come on Nat, it's okay, let me hold you.."

After a few minutes of coaxing her, she crawls into y/n's arms, hesitantly holding her head away from y/n's body.

After y/n leans down to kiss Nat's head a few times she gently shifts her to rest Nat's head against her chest, one hand resting on the back of her head to keep her close and the other resting on her back rubbing comforting circles.

It doesn't take long for Nat to melt into y/n's body, getting comfortable. She sniffles a few times before mumbling a quiet "skin" and if y/n wasn't so close to her she wouldn't have heard her ask for it.

She assumes Nat means she wants to feel her, so she places her hand underneath Nat's shirt and continues to to rub circles on her bare back this time. Nat humming at the contact.

She snuggled in close to y/n's body, closing her eyes, and getting some rest for the first time in a long while, feeling completely safe, with her daughter.