Idol part two

Scarlett shushes her and rubs her back, under her shirt , she kisses her head before saying "actually, I have something I want to talk to you about, Mrs Dockers."

......
(No pov)

M.D: "You do?"

S: "yeah so... I was thinking about adopting this one, I want her to experience having a family properly. And to have someone look after her and truly be here for her. I want to do that for her."

M.D: "are you sure about this Scarlett? It's quite a lot to take on.."

S: "of course I am" as she pulls y/n closer and leaves a long kiss on her temple.

The sight making Mrs Dockers give a massive smile.

M.D: "Oh my. Okay. That's amazing. I'll get paperwork sorted and all the checks will be done and then she can come home with you! Should be in about a week usually."

S: "okay that sounds great!"

M.D: "So one thing I think is important for you to know is she has massive highs and lows. So she'll struggle and be pretty weak for a period of time and then she'll usually have a good month or two. And that cycle kind of repeats. Right now, she's fairly weak which I'm guessing you've picked up on, so she might need a bit more support both physically and mentally when she first comes to you. As I say I do what I can but it's only so much when there's so many kids here. Plus she struggles to let you in sometimes. Although the way she's cuddled into you I'm not sure that's going to be a problem."

S: "I understand, thank you for letting me know. I just feel so sorry for her." As she leans down to rest her lips on y/n's head and takes a deep breath.

M.D: "I'll give you two some time, so you can talk to her when she wakes up."

Scarlett giving her a smile and nod to thank her.

Once she leaves, Scarlett can't help but think about what kind of life y/n has had. She just wants to give her someone she can rely on. She can do that. She knows she'll do whatever she can for her. As long as y/n lets her.

Breaking her out of her thoughts is y/n as she starts to shift and whine a little clearly starting to feel uncomfortable again.

Scarlett wraps her arms around y/n resting one hand on the back of her head and the other on her back, under her shirt as she seems to find comfort in the touch.

She holds her like this until she hears a little yawn. Scarlett's rests her cheek on y/n's head whispering a "hi baby" before kissing the top of her head many times.

Y/n whispers out a "hi scarly" before stuffing her head into her neck, her cheek on Scarlett's bare chest because of the cut of her shirt.

Scarlett chuckles but just continues to stroke her back. She pauses when y/n starts to move a lot, realising that she's trying to get up. She asks her "y/n/n honey, why are you getting up?" Y/n responding with "Oh I um just need to go to the bathroom. I won't be long."

But as soon as she moves to stand she limps and almost falls. Thankfully Scarlett was right behind her so she caught her fairly easily. As soon as she's in her arms again she asks "hey you think I can help you? that's what I'm here for baby."

Y/n just kind of looks at her in response a bit hesitant. Scarlett gives her a soft look in response.

When she doesn't make a move or say anything Scarlett cups her cheeks, making her keep eye contact as she says "it's okay to ask for help sometimes honey. we all need it." And she presses a kiss to y/n's forehead, cheeks and then her nose, making her scrunch it up just like Scarlett had not too long ago.