Overwhelmed

After finishing everything I needed to do today, I, ignoring everyone, went straight up to my room in the compound. I instantly buried myself under my duvet, and curled up, in the dark, not sleeping but shutting my eyes, just needing everything to stop. Even if only for a short moment.

I must've been laying there for a few hours because the next thing I know I can hear Nat's announcement through Jarvis that she's home. She always sends me a message to say she got back so I know she's here, she's been like a mother to me in the compound, and everyone else is like crazy aunts and uncles, so she likes for me to be aware of where she is, which is kind of her.

I don't move from my place. The only reason I've moved at all was to shove my headphones on, and I'm currently playing my ☹️ playlist, so you can guess how I'm feeling.

Out of the corner of my eye I see the door slowly creak open. But I can't be bothered to move, so I don't.

Soon I feel a gentle hand stroking my head, my music definitely loud enough so they can hear my song (Got it in you- banners) playing through my headphones.

So when I then feel gentle kisses being pressed to my temple, and a soft hand stroking my hair, I'm not that surprised, Nat knows this is my sad playlist.

But she never forces me into talking which I massively appreciate.

From her crouched position right beside me, she gently shifts the headphones so I can hear her, and she whispers "hi my baby, I've got three options for you. 1, do you want me to leave you alone for a bit. 2, do you want me to join you and maybe give you some cuddles. Or 3,  do you want to come to the living room with me, I know aunt Wanda is in there."

I let out a sigh, reaching my arms out towards her. She chuckles a little before pulling me onto her lap where she is sitting and then quietly asking "here, or downstairs?"

I just point to the door, so she kisses the side of head whispering an "okay" and then she stands up with me in her arms, my arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders and my legs around her waist.

I don't pay much attention, just snuggling into her chest.

As she starts to move down the stairs I put my head on her shoulder so I can see but I lean my head to the side a little to still rest against Nat. Strands of her red hair between my fingers, playing with it as a distraction. The feeling of her hand cupping the back of my head making me feel warm and safe in her arms.

When we get down the stairs I notice she's taken me to the smaller living room, which is a lot more comfortable in my opinion, plus aunt Wanda is in here too.

There's a massive comfy couch, with lots of blankets and pillows sprawled out across them.

Natasha swiftly moves towards Wanda, gently resting me down beside her. Aunt Wanda directs my head to rest on her lap, while she combs her fingers through my hair. She scratches my scalp in that perfect way, making me hum at the feeling and snuggle into her stomach since that's what I'm facing. 

Given that I'm cold and can't be bothered to actually move properly to grab the blanket nor speak to tell Wanda, I instead find myself sticking my head under Wanda's oversized fluffy jumper.

Seeing as she doesn't even really react, I end up wiggling further up, resting my head in the crook of her neck so my head popped out of the jumper too, and my legs still laying out on the sofa. The feeling of her skin against mine was really comforting but also the jumper was super warm so I was content.

After a few minutes Nat comes back in balancing three mugs of hot chocolate in her hands. I see her stifle a laugh when she sees me and Wanda, before she places down the mugs.

She sits down next to Wanda and tilts her head to the side to look me in the eyes. When she catches my eye she gives me a silly smile saying "and what are you doing, huh?"

Her reaction making me giggle as I lean closer to Wanda. She wraps her arms around me, so around her own jumper essentially, as she strokes my hair out of my face, giving me a big smile.

All while Nat just watched us, amused at what was happening. The last thing I see being Nat fondly shaking her head, before i close my eyes and rest in the comfort of my two favourite people.