The First Round's Finale

Vegeta was training hard, as his son from another timeline approached him. "So...Here we are. This will end the first round." Vegeta nodded. "Good luck to you son. I will not be holding back or giving you any tips to achieve victory." Trunks nodded, mentally preparing himself. "Well, I'll be making my way to the arena. Don't be late." Trunks chuckled. "Not like I can when I'm being teleported there." Vegeta stared at Trunks menacingly. "Don't get smart with me, boy." He then walked off. 

Trunks begged Piccolo for his help. "Please Mr Piccolo! I need that special ki!" Piccolo obliged, transferring his God ki to Trunks, simply by touching him. "Woah...I feel different. Does this mean I have more potential to be unleashed?" Piccolo nodded. "Now take this." Piccolo touched Trunks yet again, releasing his potential as the world around them trembled a little. "And a little more." Trunks bowed, thanking Piccolo. "We'll see how far you make it with that power up." Piccolo said. Trunks powered up, testing the waters. "Your potential is massive, but it might not make you as strong as your father-" A glaring red light blinded Piccolo. "SHUT UP! I'M ABLE TO BEAT HIM NOW! YOU'LL SEE!" Trunks screamed, as everyone present heard the words being said. "Sorry Piccolo." Trunks powered down. "The power's so strong it's giving you a horrible case of sugar rush, huh?" Trunks scratched his head, smiling awkwardly.

"The final fight of the first round, Trunks versus Vegeta!" Trunks appeared on the arena, and so did Vegeta. "Ok father, a true fight is coming your way, because my potential's been unleashed!" Trunks declared boastfully. "Ok, we'll see if you're being serious." Vegeta said. "BEGIN!" Vegeta dodged, evading every single hit. "Oh come on! You'll need to try harder than that son!" Trunks powered up into Super Saiyan 2, and Vegeta powered up into Ultra Ego. "Two different worlds of power, and you think you'll match up with me?!" Vegeta yelled. "GALICK GUN!" Trunks disappeared. He then kicked Vegeta down towards the iceberg as it shattered to pieces. Trunks was now flying around, many times faster than light as he punched Vegeta. "I'm not done!" Vegeta began bleeding as he was bruised now. "This can't be...This just cannot be-" Trunks then rammed into Vegeta, knocking him to the ground. "I can't believe this." Vegeta got up. "Well, I guess this means I'll be pulling out all of the stops."

Vegeta powered up, his hair flowing as it became multicoloured, constantly changing colour. "Let's see what you've got!" Vegeta barraged Trunks, as he right off the bat, couldn't take it any longer. "You're not special father! Feast your eyes on this!" Vegeta stared as Trunks' hair became red, and then spiked up, and his eyes became blue. The same fiery aura flowed around him, however so did blue sparks of electricity. "Super Saiyan God Unleashed." Trunks dubbed his form. Vegeta got into his stance. "Seems we're evenly matched son." They clashed, as tears appeared in reality. This was quickly fixed as the Grand Ministers were on high-alert. "I CAN!T CONTAIN THIS ABSOLUTE POWER!!" Trunks jumped towards Vegeta, striking him with the same power as Android Infinity did to Kefla. "I can feel this power...So intense!" Vegeta fell to the ground, lying on the ice. 

"Wait a minute. Our power is equal...Isn't it?" Vegeta looked up. "I can achieve that too, right?" Vegeta doubted himself as Trunks punch him in the chest, knocking him to the ground. For a few seconds he was down. "HAAA!" Vegeta punched Trunks, as his ki spiralled into a ball. He then shoved it into Trunks' chest, knocking him into an iceberg, as it evaporated instantly. "Well that hurts." Trunks stood in the air, levitating. "Let's destroy everything with this last clash father!" Vegeta chuckled. "You're stronger than I thought you would be Trunks. Even if you're not my son..I'm proud." Trunks smiled, at least another timeline's version of his father expressed his pride in him like this. 

The arena would've vaporised at this pint if the Grand Ministers weren't taking care of it. "COME ON TRUNKS!!" Trunks yelled "THIS IS IT FATHER!!" Vegeta screamed. "HAAA!!" A multicoloured light enveloped the arena. Inside of it, Vegeta and Trunks' fists slammed into each other. 

"No...I've lost." Who said this? It was Vegeta. "Congratulations son. You've defeated me." Trunks stood above the water in disbelief. "No way.." Goku's eyes widened, as he grew disappointed. "VEGETA! YOU CAN STILL GO ON!!" He yelled, desperately hoping Vegeta would continue, but this was how things would be. "This was a great match father. Thank you.." Trunks let himself drop on the water. "We both came with our best and this was the result." Vegeta held back his frustration as he accepted his defeat. "Kakarot...Will surpass me again." Vegeta thought for a while. "What a finale for only just the first round.." Gohan said, proud of Trunks. "That is all. Trunks has won, the fight has concluded."

Trunks woke up. "Huh?" Vegeta stood over Trunks. "You were daydreaming for a second son." Trunks shook his head, disappointed. "Even with equal power I was shown up.." Vegeta shook his son's hand as they both smiled, respecting one another. "This was a great match father. Thank you." Trunks let himself lie down, next to his father. They shared a fist bump, an earth custom Vegeta wasn't so familiar with, even after all these years. "That is all. Trunks has won, the fight has concluded." The Grand Minister announced  "What a finale for only just the first round.." Gohan said, proud of Trunks. Most of the audience clapped, whether loudly with a smile on their face, or slowly with respect for the fighters. "THE FIRST ROUND...HAS CONCLUDED."