Nymeria

Astarion's movements are sluggish, his eyes half-lidded as he leans forward pressing a gentle kiss to my throat that makes me stiffen in his arms. As his lips hover there against my skin, it is then that I realize what he's doing. He's feeling for a vein.

"Relax, darling." He whispers, brushing his nose against the skin of my neck. "If you tense up it'll only hurt worse."

"You're going to bite me, I don't know if I can—" I'm barely able to choke out my words as he kisses my neck again, this time each placement is less deliberate and more like a caress. The hand at my waist begins to knead and squeeze as I lean into him instinctively.

"That's it. Good girl." He breathes against my ear sending a chill down my spine that settles deep within my core, "Just like that." After pressing a few more soft kisses against my skin I feel the sharp pressure of his fangs.

I hiss out a breath as he breaks the skin. Each sensation following is heightened beyond measure. I can feel him everywhere. I need him everywhere. I wrap my arms around this shoulders letting a whimper escape my lips, threading my fingers through his hair. His grip on me tightens, crushing me flat against his chest and nearly forcing the air out of my lungs.

My body feels as if it's floating, the same sensation I got from running in my wolf form through the forest back home. It's exactly what I ache for each time I'm alone in the woods, to be untethered from this form. I roll my hips against his, something winding tighter and tighter within me. His hands splay across my back, anchoring me to him as if I would drift away if he let go.

"Astarion..." I moan, my hands roam over the planes of his back looking for purchase, something to shift the angle as I am teetering on the edge of what feels like euphoria.

His groan rumbles against my throat.

Suddenly, the sensation shifts, the strange anxiety that twists my stomach turns cold. The sensation of needles prickling at my toes and fingertips, the heat seeping from my flesh. When I open my eyes darkness swims at the edge of my vision.

"Astarion!" I cry out, wedging my arm between us.

He pulls away and stares at me, pupils blown. "Gods." He groans, then blinks, his posture changing as he looks at me. "Nymeria." His hand reaches for my cheek, inhaling sharply. "I'm sorry."

Without thinking I close my eyes and lean forward, pressing my forehead to his. More to keep from passing out than as any sign of genuine affection for the man, or so I try to believe. "Just give me a moment." As I begin to recover, I feel his hands rubbing tiny circles at the small of my back.

I move to pull away from him and his grip tightens. "Wait." His voice is pained, an unreadable expression in his eyes. It's then that I feel the length of his cock through his leather breeches, hard against my inner thigh.

"Oh." I chirp, but it comes out more like a giggle.

"Don't laugh at me." Astarion frowns, "It's not like I can fully control it given the situation."

"Do you have a similar reaction when you feed on the beasts?" I lift a brow playfully, unsure why I'm taking this exactly moment to tease the dangerous vampire.

"Gods, no!" He sputters moving to push me away, but instead causing a delicious friction against my core that makes us both shudder. "It seems you are as delicious as you are frustrating, my dear. But, no, it was you that decided the expert move for your own comfort was to straddle me." He moves his hand to squeeze my side, hard. "And might I remind you that I had you writhing and moaning my name just moments ago."

I suck in a breath and it feels like we're playing an entirely different game now. I can't remember when it had started or if it was always there, but an unspoken dare hangs between us as he looks into my eyes. His fingers find the nape of my neck and tangle into my hair, holding my body against his with intention.

"Nymeria?" Wyll's voice calls out from just past my tent.

"Shit." I hiss to myself, climbing off of him and scrambling to my feet feeling a lot like a baby deer struggling to take her firsts steps. Astarion stands easily beside me, the same drunken expression on his face as he stares down at me.

"There you are. I heard some noises and you weren't in your tent." Wyll's words trail off as he takes in the sight, I can see the muscle in his jaw flex from yards away.

"Wyll." I plead holding my hands out in front of me. "This isn't what it looks like."

He charges towards us, red magic cracking between his finger tips, "Step away from her now, Astarion!"

"Give me a minute," Astarion stammers, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Gods, what is wrong with you." I growl back at Astarion through gritted teeth.

"A great many thing I'm afraid, but I would take this particular one as a compliment, my dear." He smiles plainly, pulling me against his chest.

I shake Astarion off and move towards Wyll, "Astarion saved my life."

"I'm seeing things quite differently, Nym." He spits through gritted teeth, "Get ready to meet your maker, Vampire."

"That would be most considerate of you. I have many things to discuss with him, including the subject of my blade being plunged into his eye." Astarion bites back with a sneer. Much like with Gale, he cannot help but goad Wyll on at every turn.

I reach forward to intercept Wyll, my palm pressing against his chest as my tail swishes anxiously and snakes around Astarion's leg, positioning myself directly between the two. "Stop!"

Wyll looks down at my hand, effectively breaking the spell and letting his hands fall to his sides. "Okay, I'm listening."

I let out a ragged sigh, my shoulders sagging, "I came out into the woods alone and got cornered by a wolf. Astarion put his own life in danger to save me."

Wyll's brows creased in concern, flitting between me and Astarion.

"He was badly injured and needed a bit of my blood to help his wound heal. He didn't take much. I'm fine." I say, urging Wyll to look at me again, "I'm okay, Wyll."

"You better not be taking advantage of her." Wyll growls to Astarion then turns back to me, "Stick closer to camp from now on." His eyes scan the dark behind me, "The woods aren't safe."

I let lose a breath I didn't realize I had been holding as Wyll turns and walks back towards camp. "I don't think that is going to be the last of it." I look back at Astarion and his eyes drift down to where my tail is firmly wrapped around his thigh.

"Cheeky little pup." He inhales sharply, sucking his lip between his teeth giving me a devilish smile, "Aren't you just full of surprises."

I blush, letting my tail's grip sag to fall behind me again, "You should really be taking this a bit more seriously. Wyll was ready to kill you."

"Yes, yes. The Blade of Frontiers was on full display tonight, gallantry and all. That was only a few degrees off of his usual disdain for my existence." He smiles and tucks my hair behind my ear, "You needn't worry your pretty little head."

"Still, we should head back to camp."

Now that we're alone again the same heavy feeling settles in the air between us, my body all but hums from his nearness.

Astarion stares at my face for a moment, his expression notably softer than the usually one he wears. He blinks it away and glances over his shoulder, "You go on ahead, my dear. With my strength returning I might try and find something a little more substantial to sate my thirst."

I want to reach out to him, to close the distance, but my hands stay firmly at my sides. Memories flash through my mind, running free through the woods in my wolf form, warm blood on my own tongue as it lolls out the side my mouth. Following the pack's siren song deep into the night, drunk on the hunt. Something primal thrumming in my chest as I look at his moon-bathed form.

I shake my head, chasing the thoughts away, "Suit yourself."