Epilogue - Nymeria

Author's Note: Astarion and Nymeria's adventure is complete, but if you would like to continue I am including a three chapter epilogue showcasing their life after the events of Baldur's Gate 3

Three Years Later

I dig my fingers into the soil and allow a trickle of my magic to seep into the garden bed. Balsam is a bit more tricky to grow so far away from the mountain tops, so I tend to use my nature magic more often than not to make sure it thrives.

The sun is beginning to set, painting the trees and gardens in deep, shadowy hues. I can smell all of the herbs and flowers I've collected on our journeys, many of which I use for basic tinctures or for my own tea mixtures. Thankfully, they grow without much effort but aren't as useful for healing potions.

"Nymeria!" A tiny voice calls out.

I shade my eyes and look to the dirt bath leading up to the cottage to see Myra bounding towards me, Stanzi following her at a leisurely pace.

"Myra." Stanzi chastens, adjusting the wicker basket on her forearm, a smile pulling at her lips.

Standing, I dust my fingers off on my skirts and open my arms wide as Myra collides with my middle, wrapping her arms around me. She's nearly 10 years old and has grown enough that she nearly makes it past my waist.

"I was wondering when you would arrive." I smile, giving her a hug.

"Wait until you see what we have." Myra pulls away, beaming up at me.

"Greetings." Stanzi says with a laugh as Myra settles by her side.

"It is good to see you both." I look between the two of them.

Stanzi's hair is streaked with grey and much longer than when I met her. These days, she keeps it up in a much more elaborate set of braids to signify her new station as a healer in the Gur tribe. I have done my best to teach her all I know about herbalism and alchemy, but I still make the trek to visit in person, lending my magic when they need a bit more help.

"I brought what you recommended." Stanzi says, pulling back the cloth covering the wicker basket.

It is nearly full to the brim with different types of mushrooms and herbs. I run my fingers along the mugwort and acorn truffles, then pick at the reeds of mergrass."

"Stanzi." I smile. "This is more than enough. You are a blessing." I take the basket from her, replacing the cloth covering.

"You can thank my little herbalist here." Stanzi says, taking one of Myra's braids between her fingers and tugging it affectionately. "She has learned so much from you. We both have, and I am forever grateful."

"I am more than grateful for your friendship and all the reagents you bring from your travels." I smile. "Speaking of, when are you leaving?"

Stanzi looks up at me, "Two nights from now. We won't be gone longer than a fortnight." She looks back to the cottage behind me, "Are you going to be going on any adventures soon?"

I glance behind me and think for a moment, then turn back to her, "Not that I'm aware of, but I will let you know."

Myra tugs at her mother's skirts. "Can I ask her?" She asks.

Stanzi sighs and looks to me, her brow creasing. "I'm not sure this is the time, Myra."

"Ask me what?" I look between them.

"I wanted to know if I could stay with you the next time that mother goes to town. It would only be a couple nights." Myra smiles.

"Oh," My eyes widen. "Well, I'm not the only one that you would need permission from, but I will speak with him." I look to Stanzi, "I cannot make any promises."