Astarion

It's so strange to be close to Baldur's Gate. It feels like I was here just yesterday and a lifetime ago all in the same breath. What is even more odd is to be close to the Gur camp after the last time I set foot on it's grounds. That and I don't exactly know what I'm walking into.

I have so much of their blood on my hands, some of it still relatively fresh.

My emotions vacillate between fear and anger. I can feel the blood lust bubbling under the surface when I think about them taking her away from me. I wish to count every scrape and bruise upon her body and hold them responsible in the most depraved manner. That is if she is not already in Cazador's hands. If that is the case then I will raze their camp to the ground. The only other option in my mind is that I am walking towards my own demise, each step I am closer to being put to justice for my wrongdoings even my will was not entirely my own.

I continue up the dirt road, Karlach, Gale and Halsin few steps behind me. Karlach volunteered to accompany me to save me from myself or from the Gurs. Fully ready to crack some skulls if need be. Gale volunteered citing his vast diplomatic knowledge and Halsin agreed to accompany us out of concern for Nymeria's safety and quite honestly I trust his diplomatic knowledge a bit more than Gale's.

It's close to dusk when we finally reach the camp. Everything nearly screeches to a halt as we walk through the caravan of wagons, deeper into the encampment. Hushed conversations take place keeping us under a watchful eye. We're noticed by a male Gur who run across the grounds and disappears into the largest tent.

Moments later he's emerges, followed by Yvira, the leader of the Gur tribe. She takes in my companions then a scowl settles on her features as she turns her attention to me.

"Astarion." Yvira says, "I didn't recognize you without your finery."

"Where is she?!" I growl.

Her eyes follow the movement as I place my hand on the hilt of my dagger.

"She is safe." Yvira says, "You and I have much to speak about."

Gale chuckles, "I don't see how you're able to gloss over the fact that your people kidnapped one of our friends, dragged her all the way to Baldur's Gate and we're supposed to accept "she is safe" as a response?"

"I assure you, they will be brought to justice for their actions." Yvira folds her arms across her chest.

Just then I hear a howl, my mind goes immediately to Nymeria, but then I realize it wasn't a wolf.

"I'm sorry." I shift my weight, "I didn't realize that monster hunters kept pet werewolves."

"Gods below." Yvira's face falls and she looks back to the male Gur.

"What is it?" I growl, "What are you not telling me?"

At Yvira's silence, I break into a sprint in the direction of the howl. I inhale deeply, hoping for, but sickened at the prospect of smelling Nymeria's blood. I hear Karlach calling after me, but I ignore her I need to find her .

Screams sound as I catch her scent, running like a madman towards the back of the camp and a medium sized tent. As I approach, Nymeria bursts through the tent with the largest werewolf I have ever seen on her heels, she cries out in pain as his massive claws rend her back.

The werewolf twists as a Gur woman stumbles out of the tent right after, trying to escape. He reaches forward and grabs the back of her neck, his nails sinking into either side her throat. She stares at me her face frozen in shock before being tossed aside like a child's doll.

Nymeria crashes against me and I wish for nothing more but to hold her shaking form close as she looks up at me with such fear and wonder.

Karlach screams and a blur of red surges past us, greataxe arcing through the air. With a snarl the werewolf catches the handle, stilling her swing and struggling to push her away. I look behind me to see Halsin running towards us while Gale stands ready, blue magic crackling at his fingertips.