Epilogue - Astarion

We wait until nightfall to leave, gathering all of our supplies and garnering our best leathers. I chose the beautiful black-dyed leathers that Nymeria bought for me in Baldur's Gate a few seasons ago to match her own. I have a bit of a sentimental attachment to them since on our first adventure breaking them in we found a cavern filled with bioluminescent flowers that looked like starlight above. It was also the adventure that gave us enough gold to buy the cottage together.

I wait outside with Gale and Shadowheart, reminiscing about our previous adventures while waiting on Nymeria to emerge from the house. It always takes her a bit more time to put her armor on with her tail. I offer my assistance, but one thing leads to another. Tiefling tails are quite sensitive.

"There she is." Gale smiles, nodding towards the cottage.

I turn to see Nymeria, her hair put up, braided in the Gur style, and decked out in the blood red leathers with gold accents that I had commissioned specifically for her. If there was anything to prove our love for each other, it would be that, the way we always keep pieces of each other close. It's borderline erotic to see her wearing my old dagger strapped to her hip.

As we continued on our journey, she wished to learn to slip into the shadows along with me. The leathers fit tight to her body, less ornamental and more functional to allow her to prowl without hindrance and still summon her abilities.

"Sorry." Nymeria smiles as she approaches, looking between Gale and Shadowheart. "I wanted to make sure the cats were going to be fine before I left."

I chuckle under my breath, and she pins me with a stare.

Gale clears this throat, "Right. This is going to be a bit tricky. I cannot summon a portal directly beside the caverns due to the rocky terrain, so it might be a bit of a trek."

"This isn't going to be like last time, when you nearly ported me right into a river. Is it?" I say, folding my arms against my chest.

"That was one miscalculation out of many successes." Gale says, rolling his eyes.

"Gale, you were stuck in your own portal when we met." Shadowheart says plainly, "You remember that, Nymeria?" She smiles. "You had to pull him out."

"Even I remember that." I laugh.

"Fine, I shall go first to survey the destination, and I will signal for you to follow. Does that sound fair?" Gale asks, his expression sour.

"I think that's rather fair. Don't you, Astarion?" Shadowheart asks with a smile on her face.

"It's quite agreeable." I shrug.

Nymeria looks at us and smiles; she's always slightly amused when Shadowheart and I gang up together to needle at Gale. I always try to coax her into joining, but she doesn't like a flustered wizard.

Gale takes a deep breath and begins to gather The Weave in sweeping gestures, purple magics looping and tumbling against his deft movements. He exhales and stretches his arms wide, and a portal forms, dotted with pulsing and twisting runes, shimmering with the same brilliant purple hue.

He looks back at us and gives us a nod before stepping through the portal. Even after the dozens of times I've traveled with him, it's still surreal to see him step completely out of view.

A few moments later, his hand reaches through the portal, beckoning us through.

Shadowheart looks back at us. "See you on the other side." She says with a smile as she swats at Gale's hand and passes through the portal.

Nymeria walks forward, standing beside me.

I reach and grab her hand, turning her towards me. "Now that we are alone." I purr.