Astarion

We leave in the morning for the goblin camp, all of the pleasantry of the last night is gone as the goblins sober up and all of the wine reserves dry up. The young female goblin that approached Nymeria last night, Izza, is our escort for the short trek north towards the Selunite temple.

Right now Halsin is our best chance to find out more about how to get these parasite out of our skulls, if he is still alive that is. It seems like it would be the best tactical advantage to hold the Leader of the Druids hostage, but the goblins aren't the smartest of beings or else they would have stormed The Grove long ago.

Still I'm not excited to rid myself of this parasite and the only reason that I have my current freedoms, especially being out from under Cazador's command. It feels like I don't have enough time. Not enough time to figure out how to exact my vengeance on him for all of the torturous years under his thumb. Not enough time to spend with her .

It's almost cute how Nymeria walks alongside Izza. The small goblin is not versed in the manner of common but is doing her best to communicate. I also can't help noticing how easy it would be to knock her off of the bridge as we cross it.

The bridge ends at a large gate that serves as an entrance to the goblin camp just south of the Selunite Temple area. This gate is much more heavily guarded than the one in the abandoned village and I count at least four goblins atop the primitive scaffolding clinging to the stone while the main guard is standing out in front with two worgs flanking him on either side.

"Wait a minute." The guard calls out, taking a few steps forward and folding his arms across his chest. "State your business."

Nymeria steps forward beside Izza and I instinctively place my hand on my dagger.

"We're seeking an audience with Priestess Gut." Nymeria says plainly.

Izza rushes up to the guard and he grimaces as she whispers in his ear.

"Fine," Go ahead. He steps aside, sweeping his arm, commanding the worgs to stand down.

As we pass the gate The Selunite Temple comes into view, I don't know how I could have missed it. Instead of the wooden gates behind us, the temple is surrounded with large stone walls and catwalks with a goblin stationed at every corner.

It's increasingly obvious that we might have underestimated the sheer goblin presence in the temple. The gathering in the center of the grounds is much larger than the one back at the village. Along with the goblins drinking and recounting their plunders, there are a couple bugbears patrolling the area and I can count two ogres standing guard at the proper entrance to the temple.

Even drunk, the goblins are wary of our presence in spite of them greatly outnumbering us. Izza's escort seems to be the only thing that allows us to continue unchallenged and with all of our limbs intact.

I share a look with Karlach and she gives me a crooked grimace, making point to bare her fangs which leads me to believe that I am not the only one rethinking this "brilliant" master plan.

She settles up beside me and whispers, "You felt the urge to punt the little one off the bridge too? I know she's helping us, but she's so small. I just wanted to kick her."

"That would have been a decidedly bad idea." I say with a sigh.

"Oh I would never have done it in a million years. I just think it would've been hilarious."

Raucous laughter erupts from the crowd of goblins as one begins to chase a chicken through the camp, grumbling and reaching for the flailing bird.

I watch as Nymeria changes direction and I follow her eye line to the small owlbear cub shaking beside a group of goblins.