Chapter Ten

Nine weeks after Lee's death.

It was coming on four days now that Alex had been there. Or...she thought it had been four days. She wasn't one hundred percent sure seeing as how she didn't know when she got there or what day it actually was now. 

The only people she saw were the two men from the beginning. She got oatmeal once a day and one bottle of water. No shower, the bathroom was disgusting in the other room when they would let her go there, and the room had flooded with a rain storm a day earlier. Now it smelled of mold and dirt. 

Alex tried to fight the men each time they would come in. Whether it was kicking them on the second day, which led to her ankles being tied to the front legs of the chair, or head butting on the third day...each time resulted in them beating Alex. Yesterday one of the men hit her so hard that she fell to the floor and was knocked unconscious for a little while...leading to even more confusion as to how long she'd actually been there. 

When they untied her mouth rag to eat for the first time, she had asked about Monica and why they took her instead but no one ever answered. The second time she asked one of the men yanked her hair back, spat in her face, and nearly choked her. 

It had to be late in the evening as Alex saw in the chair. Her ass was numb and her lower back killed her from sitting almost all the time. When she heard vehicles pull up she thought it strange, as the mend never came back after her supper time. A few seconds later she heard screaming, but it sounded like a little kid. Alex's eyes widened as she tried to listen better as to what was going on. 

Suddenly the door swung open and two men walked in first. One of the men in a hood walked in farther dragging what looked like a little boy by the collar and arms. 

"NO!" Screamed the little boy and realization struck Alex. 

Had her mouth been free she would have screamed out but she couldn't. She struggled in her chair, desperately trying to wiggle out of the ropes she knew she couldn't. The man threw the boy on the ground with a huff. 

"Little fucker," The guy muttered and walked back out of the door, locking it behind him, the other man still there. 

Alex's looked over at the guy, breathing hard. His dark eyes found her as pulled out some rope from where he was holding it behind him. Alex shook her head, wiggling again. 

"You try to get out again and I'll fuck you up, bitch!" He snapped at Alex. 

She stopped moving, her eyes big and locked on his. The guy walked over to the boy and practically hog-tied him. The little boy screamed again and it made tears come to Alex's eyes as she watched helplessly. The guy threw the little boy back on the ground and walked back out of the door, locking it again. 

Alex was breathing hard as she looked at the little boy, curled up on the ground with his head buried under his arms.  

"Mmm," Alex groaned out. "Mmm!" 

The little by tensed but didn't move. 

"Mmm!" Alex tried to scoot the chair over closer but the metal had dug into the muddy ground thanks to the rain. 

Alex felt a warm tear roll down her neck. She sighed, looking around for something to help her but nothing had changed since she was brought here so what could she possibly see now? 

"A-Alex?"

Alex's head shot back over to see little sad, dark eyes looking out from between two arms. It felt like it took an hour for Tate to lean up as best he could from how he was tied up. His face was dirty, but other than that thankfully he looked okay to Alex. Alex felt her head nod slowly as Tate sat up on the muddy floor.