Chapter 5: Seeking Favor from the Empress

The next day.

Inside the FengYi Palace, all the concubines and consorts greeted the Empress, but today they couldn't find the trace of Yue Xi. Once everyone was seated, they began discussing the matter.

"Why didn't we see Imperial Maid Zhao this morning?" The Court Lady He initiated the topic, focusing the discussion on Yue Xi.

"I heard that the Emperor has been summoning Imperial Maid Zhao for intimate moments lately. Perhaps she slept in today." Noble Attendant An looked at the Empress as she spoke, subtly implying that Imperial Maid Zhao was becoming arrogant due to the Emperor's favor.

"She's only been in the palace for less than two months, and she's already becoming arrogant due to favoritism. If the Emperor continues to dote on her, she won't even regard the Empress Dowager highly." Graceful Consort Ming added fuel to the fire.

"Imperial Maid Zhao is exceptionally beautiful, and it's only natural for the Emperor to favor her." Consort Ran (Tan Zhi Qing) defended Yue Xi.

"Yes, Imperial Maid Zhao has earned the Emperor's favor through her service to him. It would be even better if she gives birth to a prince in the future." The Empress smiled, subtly provoking the other concubines and making those who already disliked Yue Xi hate her even more.

"However, I will advise the Emperor on this matter. Having a new person should not make us forget the old ones. Let's all kneel and pay respects." The Empress pretended to be magnanimous as she spoke.

After the greetings, Qing Lan entered the palace from outside. The Empress knew exactly what Qing Lan was going to say.

"Did you find out?" she asked.

"I asked the palace maids and eunuchs from the Internal Affairs Department, but they couldn't get any useful information." Qing Lan replied.

The Empress clearly didn't like this answer, but she didn't blame Qing Lan. At this moment, she thought that if Yue Xi had managed to bribe the people from the Internal Affairs Department before her, it would be impossible to get any information. However, she quickly told Qing Lan to go and investigate at the disorderly burial mound. If nothing could be found there, she still had other methods.

Inside the Xi Zhao Tower.

"Miss, the Empress really sent Qing Lan to the Internal Affairs Department, but they couldn't find anything." Ru Xin said cautiously.

"That's good. But she won't give up easily. Ru Xin, keep an eye on things." Yue Xi replied.

Ru Xin quickly agreed, and just at that moment, the Emperor arrived. Yue Xi hurriedly greeted him and was pulled into his embrace, receiving a kiss from him.

"The Emperor is so annoying." Yue Xi playfully complained.

"Oh? Don't like it?" Jun Han Cheng teased her.

Blushing, Yue Xi nestled into Jun Han Cheng's arms. Bu Zi An, seeing their intimate interaction, tactfully dismissed himself, leaving Yue Xi and Jun Han Cheng alone.

"Why did the Emperor come?" Yue Xi pouted and said cutely.
"Why? Don't you want me to come?"
"I did not say that." Yue Xi pretended to be angry as she gently pushed Jun Han Cheng away and turned her back to him, allowing Jun Han Cheng to occupy her heart. Suddenly, he pulled Yue Xi towards him and kissed her fiercely, leaving her breathless. After a while, Jun Han Cheng finally let go.

"Daring to be angry at me, you're the first one." Jun Han Cheng looked at Yue Xi and said softly.

Yue Xi lowered her head, not daring to make a sound, as if she had become a possession of Jun Han Cheng. It must be said that Jun Han Cheng was very satisfied with her behavior, his lips curled up as he looked at Yue Xi in his arms.