Chapter 17: The Entry of Liu in Palace

Inside the FengYi Palace, the Empress and Qin Da Ying were chatting."It's been a few months since we last met, and you've become much thinner, sister," the Empress said to the second attendent Qin with a smile.

Second attendent Qin touched her own face and looked humbly at the Empress. She had been constantly worried about her three children. When she had her accident, she had requested the Emperor to adopt them, and Yi Ya was now being taken care of by the Empress.The Empress glanced at her and smiled, saying, "Don't worry, I have already made arrangements for your children. The Third Prince will be under my care, while the princesses will be raised by the Consorts dowagers, just like the Crown Prince and the Second Prince.""Empress, your kindness is beyond my abilities. It's the incapable of me....""You are not incapable, it's just that Zhao Yue Xi is more difficult to deal with than we had imagined. But if you want to repay me, it's also possible. I can promote you, so don't worry too much.""What does the Empress want me to do?""How is Graceful Consort Ming recently?" the Empress asked."I heard from the people in Yao Qing Palace that Graceful Consort Ming 's appearance was ruined, and she is emotionally unstable and reluctant to go out. Why does the Empress ask about this?""It's nothing. I just feel sorry for her and think she should be taken care of. You can bring her some calming incense on my behalf. It wouldn't be good if she continues like this for a long time." The Empress had a look of pity on her face.Second Attenedent Qin looked at the Empress and understood her intentions. She agreed and nodded.

In the YueXi Tower, Yue Xi personally came to the Feng Tian Tower to meet Su Wan as they had made an appointment. After exchanging a few greetings, Su Wan was called away to perform a ritual, and Yue Xi planned to leave. However, she encountered Liu Qingqing, who had just finished praying."Miss Liu?" Yue Xi said when she saw her.Liu Qingqing respectfully bowed and smiled lightly."I greet Concubine Yan.""Please rise. Why are you here, Miss Liu?"Liu Qingqing smiled gently and said, "The Empress Dowager is weak, so I wanted to pray for her well-being and seek divine blessings to restore her health."Yue Xi nodded and said, "The Empress Dowager will surely be pleased to know that."Liu Qingqing smiled awkwardly."Are you going back to Jianzhang Palace? I also wanted to go there. Shall we go together?" Yue Xi politely asked.Liu Qingqing's smile deepened, and she nodded. They went to Jianzhang Palace together.After Yue Xi and Liu Qingqing arrived at Jianzhang Palace, they chatted with the Empress Dowager for a while. Yue Xi found the palace peaceful and wanted to stay longer. In the evening, Yue Xi saw a desolate figure standing in the backyard of Jianzhang Palace, Kangya Garden. She instructed Ruli and others to wait from afar."Miss Liu?" Yue Xi expressed her concern.Liu Qingqing wiped away the tears on her face upon seeing her."It's impolite for Concubine Yan to see me crying," Liu Qingqing said with a tearful voice."People have their ups and downs. Don't feel it's impolite, and I'm not someone who adheres strictly to conventions," Yue Xi consoled her."If you don't mind, you can call me Yue Xi." Yue Xi helped Liu Qingqing sit on a bench."I dare not..." Liu Qingqing hesitated."If you're worried about gossip, how about calling me sister?"Hearing this, Liu Qingqing didn't mind and said, "Sister... you can call me Qingqing.""By the way, I saw you crying earlier. Did something happen?"Liu Qingqing gently shook her head. "It's just my overthinking. It's nothing...""If you're willing, you can tell me.""Alright..."Liu Qingqing stood up and walked to the railing of the pavilion, gazing at the scenery of Kangya Garden."Not long after my mother gave birth to me, she passed away. I was still young at that time and didn't even know what my mother looked like. I only have vague memories and the portrait that my father kept in his study. But my father never liked my mother, and after she passed away, he didn't like me either. I didn't see him more than five times in a month. I often kept company with an aunt named Tan Mu at home. She was skilled in painting and poetry, and she taught me all my skills. But the good times didn't last. My aunt also passed away from illness, and I was the only one left in my mother's residence, away from my father. Every time I saw my father, he would criticize me for being useless and stubborn, only knowing how to paint and read books, unlike other girls who knew embroidery and how to manage household chores. Sometimes, when I went against his wishes, he would confine me... So, at home, I would either be accompanied by books or paintings..."