Chapter 11: Banquet

In the early morning, the concubines from the six palaces went to Fengyi Palace to pay their respects. Graceful Consort Ming had not yet arrived, but no one thought much of it.

"We still have a month until the Emperor's birthday banquet. Everyone should start preparing," the Empress politely said.

The concubines responded politely, and the Empress turned to Ranfei, who was seated next to her. "Consort Rani, Graceful Consort Ming is still ill, and I haven't been feeling well either. There are matters in the palace that I can't handle. If there's anything, I hope you can assist me." The Empress was trying to win over Consort Ran, and some perceptive individuals could see through it.

"Why is the Empress feeling unwell?" Noble Attendant An glanced at YueXi and looked at the Empress.

"Perhaps I haven't been getting enough rest lately. Thank you for your concern, Noble Attendant An," the Empress replied.

Yuexi, however, didn't notice anything and simply observed them with cold eyes, aware of their insincere concern.

Soon, the concubines returned to their respective palaces. Yuexi didn't waste time and went to the Taiyue Pavilion to continue dancing. (Yuxi: I'm determined to exhaust all of you, hehe)

On the other side, Noble Attendant An returned to her loft and looked at the nearby palace where her child was being taken care of. She sneered and turned to the palace maid, Haitang.

"Is everything prepared for the little chef?" she asked.

"Don't worry, my lady. Everything has been prepared properly, and no one has noticed," Haitang assured Noble Attendant An that everything was going smoothly.

An Guifei felt relieved upon hearing this and went to see He Fei and her child.

Inside Fengyi Palace, the Empress held her head, her brows furrowed, occasionally coughing.

"Has there been any movement from Noble Attendant An?" she asked.

"Your Majesty, Noble Attendant An has been frequently interacting with a small chef from the Imperial Kitchen," Qinglan reported.

"Alright, keep an eye on her for me. I'm not aware of this matter..." The Empress's lips curled up slightly, thinking that the fish was taking the bait.

Every mother would go all out for the sake of her child. The Empress believed that Noble Attendant An was eager for her son's well-being, and that's why she began her plan.

A month later, snow covered the world, and it was time for the Emperor's birthday banquet. The preparations had been completed, and they were just waiting for these few days.

Inside the Xizhao Tower, Yuexi had brought in good charcoal to keep warm. The people from the Internal Affairs Office didn't dare to neglect her, after all, she was the new favorite. Yuexi didn't waste time and took the opportunity to read and learn more about characters. These days of reading allowed Yuexi to gain a better understanding of writing.

At this moment, Jinyan walked in and said to Yuexi, "My lady, I've noticed that the Imperial Physician has been frequently visiting Fengyi Palace."

Yuxi thought to herself, what kind of act is the Empress putting on this time? She guarded herself and asked, "Have you found out what's going on?"

"I heard that the Empress hasn't been resting well lately, so she needs the physician to come and check on her..." Jinyan replied.

Yuexi nodded. Although she didn't show any concern on the surface, she knew that abnormal behavior always had a reason behind it. The Empress was up to something again.