Chapter Sixteen

*Angel's P.O.V*

I was knocked out, for how long I wasn't sure, but it was clearly not long enough - but the sun had long set. I was still in that dusty box I had been placed in with my arms and legs sporting multiple wounds that smelled like I had infected them. For a brief moment, doubts clouded my mind. Was Draco actually going to save me in time? Is this how I would die - at the hands of some random she-devil?

No, I wouldn't let it happen.

Just as I thought that, the front door of the warehouse slid open. It couldn't have been her since she never left, she was my watchdog in case Draco arranged a surprise visit. Could it be? 

I listened carefully and peeked out to find my captor; sounds of ragged breathing filled my senses before a dull thud echoed through the warehouse. The sound of a corpse falling. A shrill scream pierced the air as the woman ran towards the thud and the man who was breathing heavily.

I opened the flaps of the box a little more so that my eyes were able to see the entire scene. It was dark, but I could faintly make out the shapes of a man on the floor with the she-devil mourning over him. She didn't seem to notice that there was someone else looming over her - either that or she didn't care. 

She whimpered and gently stroked his face, murmuring under her breath. At her words, the man above snarled and grabbed her by the neck, snapping it with a swift movement before searching the place with his eyes. He was looking for me. I immediately pulled the flaps back over my head but while doing so accidentally knocked over something. Just my luck.

Knowing there was no way this new guy didn't hear that, I decided to try and crawl away. My best guess is that he was a Demon from the supernatural abilities. I leaned all of my body weight to one side and let the box topple over since I had no energy to get out. She'd probably injected me with some kind of drug and since I was turning human, it was effecting me a lot more than it usually would.

Suddenly, the box was thrown away from me and I was no longer hidden from the man. Fearfully I looked into his eyes. Draco?

"Angel, don't move! I'm here to save you and the baby."