Chapter Nine

Sorry for the long wait._. I had exams but they're over now! ^.^

I was in my bathtub as still as a statue, I hadn't moved since I saw the image of Skylar laying dead at the front of my door. That was a couple of hours ago and since then I had done nothing, heard nothing and seen nothing but that image flashing in my mind, tormenting me.

I had immediately let out a blood curdling scream that seemed to echo through both my neighbourhood and mind, which caused Draco to appear before me in a flash. As soon as he managed to take in what had happened (a lot quicker and he coped a lot better) he put one arm around my waist while his other hand covered my eyes so I couldn't see the horrific corpse.

In a flash he used his demonic strength to manoeuvre me upstairs in my bed surrounded by warmth to keep my body from going in shock and disappeared for a few seconds to move the body before any nosy or curious neighbours could see and call the police.

I don’t know where he put him and I couldn’t really afford to think about that right now, all I knew was that Skylar was just the beginning and whoever did this wouldn’t stop at someone I hardly knew.

My blood ran cold – what if Draco was hurt? What if something horrible happened to him and it was my entire fault? I wouldn’t be able to live with myself – heck, I wouldn’t be able to look at myself and I’m already self conscious about my scars.

Why does this keep happening to me? Tears sprang to my ears as I choked down a hot sob, every single time I’m happy someone or something had to intervene. Didn’t anyone understand that I just wanted to live my life in peace?

I only want to be left alone, I’ve never done anything to intentionally harm someone and it’s not like I go around picking frights or something! But what do I do know? I really do care for Draco and couldn’t bear the thought of him in trouble...  

“Angel? What’s wrong, why are you crying?” I’m sorry

“Angel, speak to me please! I’m starting to worry! I wish it didn’t have to be like this...

“ANGEL! Just look at me!” But I’ll do whatever ever I can to help you, to keep you away...

I turned around to face him, surprised at how close he was to me. There was a tray of soup and water on the table beside my bed and my stomach growled. I allowed myself to think my decision over, taking in a deep calming breath. I was sure. This was the right thing to do.

I just hope he takes the bait.

I stood up on wobbly legs for the first time in hours, letting my determination and anguish fuel me like adrenaline as I looked at Draco with dead eyes.

“I hate you.”