Chapter Two

I stretched out and yawned loudly as I woke up, humming happily at the feeling of my bones clicking into place while the sun shined and the birds tweeted. It was a great day. I checked the time beside me on my alarm clock and was happy to see I still had time to have a relaxing bath before school, luckily my jobs were only at the weekend to fit in with my schedule.

I hopped up after fully waking up and was almost thrown up from the power of me wings pushing up, I could feel a few cramps from them because of the many times I had probably rolled onto them in the middle of the night. I gently ran my fingers through the soft feathers, purring at the way it felt as I neatened my wings. I caught my reflection in my mirror and smiled slightly.

However that smile soon melted away as I looked closer to my wings, right between them where they were attached to my back and saw the deep and once painful scars spread across. I winced unintentionally and cautiously brought my hand to hover over them ,almost as if I was scared touching them might mean feeling the pain that was inflicted upon me.

I tensed as i touched the rough skin, battered from my beating despite the time it had to heal. I spread my cool hand over the hot flesh and sighed in pleasure, feeling content for a second at least before my alarm went off, signalling that I was going to be late if I didn't get going.

I sighed and retracted my wings back into my body, slipped on my clothes, had breakfast and went out putting on my jacket and scarf. I was locking the door when two hands encircled my waist suddenly and I tensed, feeling a guy's muscular back pressed against my lean one with his hot breath blowing down my neck.

"Guess who?"

I rolled my eyes and turned around, unlatching him from me as I ignored him and just walked away.

"Aw come on! Don't be like that...." I rolled my eyes yet again and resisted the urge to punch him in his pretty little face, though I'm sure his many booty calls wouldn't like that nor do I need a criminal record of assault. I heard him jog up to me and mentally prepared myself for his lies and pleas, I wonder what inventive new things he had come up with today?

"Look, baby-"

"Don't call me that!"

He reeled back in shock at my words, I had never raised my voice at him before no matter what he did but now I realized he would never change, it makes my kind of an idiot considering he cheated and lied throughout the whole of our relationship. All year long. Do you get it now? Nope? He's my EX-boyfriend Felix.

To be honest he wasn't much of a boyfriend, always going off on his booty calls, never calling me or asking me how I was, can you believe that one time he actually brought one of his 'buddies' along with him on a date to keep him entertained? Not to mention it was the same one I saw him with last week when I went around to surprise him, except he told me he was his brother on the date.

Instead I found him in bed with another man, so as you can expect, I broke up with him on the spot, I guess i should after the first time he did it though, not the tenth. Once a cheater, always a cheater. I quickly turned to walk away but his arm shot out and gripped my forearm tightly.  He slammed my body onto a nearby wall and I flinched at the impact, trying not to cry from the pain of my wings practically being crushed.

 However as soon as his furious face was in my line of vision, it was out again as some unknown strength tore him off of me and had him sprawled across the floor. I looked at my saviour in amazement, Felix was a pretty heavy and strong man, it would be extremely tough to through him on the floor like that as if he was just a piece of litter.

My eyes connected with two smoldering orbs or darkness, yet they had an impossible hint of blood red gleaming in them. My jaw dropped ever so slightly before I came to my senses. It was a Demon. I had just been rescued by a demon. 

I felt my face burn in humiliation but my embarrassment was soon forgotten as we heard a groan of pain from Felix as he got up slightly. He glared at us furiously before hissing, "I'll get you for this!" And running away, well, more like limping. I mentally snorted, as if.

I felt his eyes burning at the back of my head and gulped, suddenly feeling hot all over as if where ever he looked left a trail of thirst, a craving.  

"Are you OK?" 

Oh god, I practically melted right their at his velvety chocolatey sweet yet dark and mysterious sounding voice - I don't even know if its possible for a voice to be sexy but little Angel junior seems to think so.

"Uh- Um yeah. I'm fine now. T- Thank you." I fumbled, trying to organise my thoughts around this guy. What was wrong with me? He was a Demon for goodness sake, the exact opposite of me. He was Evil, pure unadulterated evil!

Yet evil had never looked so good to me.