Chapter Seven

I know I haven’t uploaded in a while but I wanted to wait so the reads would go up >.< Like the new cover/ title?

*Draco’s P.O.V*

I watched solemnly as Angel paced nervously in front of me, biting his lips occasionally before muttering something and going quiet again. Honestly I found it adorable but this was no smiling matter, for all I know Angel could be in trouble – serious trouble. His wings turning black could mean many things, normally a healthy normal angle would be pure white an almost in skin too but Angel seemed to have a more colourful glow to him and seem….human.

But that couldn’t be right? Angels don’t just ‘turn’ human, unless of course he did something really, really bad….

We had moved up to his bedroom after I cleaned the glass and water on the floor (as it was my fault if I was honest) and now I was patiently waiting for him to explain to me what was going on.

I needed to know anything before we could even think about being together – no secrets. But by now my patience was wearing thin. Though I am a respectful person (funny, I know, considering how I am considered to be the very picture of dread) we had been here for almost an hour and yet still I am not any closer to understanding anything about my angel.

Vexed, I watched as yet again, Angel bit his lip and sighed before turning around to walk back the way he had came, I’m surprised the poor carpet hadn’t worn away yet! My patience finally snapped as I shot like a bullet and grabbed him by his arms gently but firmly to stop the pacing. He looked at me in surprise with wide eyes before the dimmed and he knew he could no longer stall this.

I hated how depressed he looked right now but I didn’t comment, I only sat him down beside me as he took a deep breath and began.

Flashback

*Angel’s P.O.V*

I hummed happily as I was walking towards Landon’s home; we had managed to finish up all f our duties quickly so we had some spare time to...hang out. I grinned, thinking about being able to spend a whole night with him like a normal couple, just hanging out on the sofa all cuddled up under a blanket with popcorn watching a movie until we fall asleep...

With a spring in my step, I made it quickly and opened the door with the key he had given me months ago. I quickly checked to see if anyone could see me as I opened the door before seeing it was clear and walking in. Since our kind of relationship was strictly forbidden, I knew it would be chaos if anyone found out.

People were suspicious enough of us since we made a point of hanging around together everywhere and we were both expected to have settled down a couple of hundred years ago with women, yet we spent too much time together to do so.  

“Honey, I’m home!” I joked as I entered, my face morphing into confusion as I saw his stoic and lifeless express when he approached me from his dining room. Where was the popcorn and movies?

 “We have a visitor.”

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I haven’t invited anyone over and from the looks of it he hadn’t too as he didn’t look to happy about it. With a small frown I walked into the dining room and paled at the sight. Landon’s older and arrogant brother (whom I never got along with because he was the most suspicious of my relationship with Landon) was sitting there looking triumphant yet disgusted.

Aleksandre looked stared at me coolly until Landon arrived. “Sit.” The command was clear and Landon immediately sat down while I did so more cautiously and slowly. What was going on?

“I know about you two”

Ah.

“I know that you’ve been poisoning my little brother and tricking him into your own disgusting lifestyle, you little-“

“Wait, what?” I butted in. Poisoning him, tricking him? What the hell was he talking about? I looked to Landon and saw he didn’t even seem to be paying attention; his head was bowed shamefully as he twiddled his thumbs – seeming at least somewhat nervous and guilty. But why wasn’t he defending me? Telling the truth maybe?

I clenched my teeth as the hurt sank in, he was just trying to save his own skin and seem as innocent as possible, of course his brother would believe him over me, and if word of this ever got out, of course everyone would believe Landon was innocent rather than me. I was the older one, the matured one – the one that should’ve known better.

But was it so wrong to want a little love in my life?

I felt my eyes water but held the dam back. “What do you want from me?”

He sneered at me like I was just a pile of shit that got stuck on his brand new shoes.  “I want you to leave. Leave and never come back. I won’t tell anyone anything and things will go back to the way they were before you; the way life should’ve been.

“OK.”

Flashback End

“And now I guess he has told everyone and the higher up angels are punishing me for it. They actually managed to drag me back and whip me naked in front of everyone while Landon and him just stood there watching every lash rain down on me. Even my own family and once fiends rejected me” I sniffed. “I’d say I have about a moth left before my wings will have turned all black and I’ll become a fallen angel, one of the damned forever forced to wonder the earth with scars and blackened wings to represent my sin.”

A warm gentle and calloused hand lifted up my head that I hadn’t even realised I’d bowed to hide my expressions and wiped away the few treacherous tears that had escaped without my knowing. One look at his eyes sent me bawling, he didn’t care. He still liked me and wanted me. He didn’t care how battered or broken I was inside or out, he still sat there until my story was over.

He cared about me.

“I’ll protect you”