Chapter Eight

I fell asleep that night curled up all warm and fuzzy inside with a dreamless sleep, knowing that beside me laid Draco, his arms wrapped around me to keep me safe and happy. I swear I could die happy if I died that night. IT didn't matter that Aleksandre was probably lurking around earth just to annoy me right now, or cause trouble and mock me. It didn't matter that my wings were dying and I would become human soon.

Heck, I don't care if the world was about to end - as long as I still had Draco here with me. But of course nothing lasts forever and as morning arrived my paradise was disturbed with the burden and duty of school. I yawned weakly stretching my arms as I woke, flopping them back down as they wondered my bed for Draco, yet were met with an empty space.

I frowned and opened my eyes to see it was just me in the bed. Confused and with half- lidded eyes, I got up to search for the demon. While stumbling down to the kitchen, I noticed the smell of coffee and immediately perked up, my mouth watering at the mere thought of having the liquid gold in my mouth.

 I peered in to see Draco flipping pancakes as he hummed merrily before moving on to put out plates and glasses for us both. The heat in the kitchen had caused a light sheen of sweat to form over my man – not that I was complaining or anything, oh no, believe me.  

In fact I could get quite used to this, having a sexy, sweaty hunk of a man cook me breakfast everyday while I watched...

“You know, I could pose for you any day if you ever asked...”

I blushed beet red and looked away to the table instead, making my way over all the while feeling his eyes and grin drilling into me. We sat down at the table and ate in a comfortable silence, occasionally playing footsie and smiling for no real reason. I enjoyed it.  It was a huge improvement from waking up in my apartment all alone and having a quick breakfast bar before leaving for my daily chores.

We finished up and were just finished cleaning the dishes when there was a knock at the door. I pursed my lips in confusion and looked to see if Draco was expecting anyone because I sure as hell wasn’t. But judging by the fact that his expression mirrored mine I’d say that he wasn’t either...who is it?

I left Draco in the kitchen and looked through the peephole but there was nobody there... I was starting to get a little tense. The silence was unnerving as I slowly and steadily opened the door to find no one was there. I shrugged about to turn and go back inside when there was a wet sensation at my bare feet. I looked down with a puckered brow which morphed into a horrified expression at the sight at my feet.

Blood

Skylar lay at my feet in a puddle of his own blood, with a note pinned onto his skin with a knife.

Did you forget about me? :)