Ch. 19- Brick by Boring Brick

-Paramore

AN: Yeah, I said I didn't want to until I got triple digits, but that's not fair. So here. Enjoy.

Please comment, I love reading them!

~Ally xoxo

December 22, 2011 (14 years old; Nico)

Nico had been greeted in second period with gifts from both Thalia and Will.

"Open it, shit face," Thalia said lovingly.

Nico rolled his eyes and took out the paper inside the bag, unveiling lumps of fabric. He took one out and saw it had the Mythomagic logo and several of the best cards printed on a black background, causing the golden ink to stand out elegantly. It was long sleeved and was a nice cotton texture. He looked at Thalia who winked. Then he took out another. This shirt depicted a standoff between DC characters and Marvel characters on a navy blue background. The last one had Kung Fu Panda, making Nico laugh.

"Aw, Thalia," he said. "Thanks. They're my new favorite shirts."

Thalia smiled and rolled her eyes. "Don't get all mushy. Merry Christmas."

"Okay, my turn," the shaggy blond interrupted. "Open my gift." He handed Nico a box, causing Nico to blush slightly. He'd spent so much time around Will, since he visited so often, but he could still make Nico blush like crazy. And Will was so happy and so sweet, it was hard not to feel happy. And he was so easy to be around. If Nico wanted to read, Will would look through his other books or play a game until Nico took a break and they would talk or play soccer.

Nico opened the box and saw a pile of video games. The first one was Mortal Kombat. When he turned to get the other ones, he realized it wasn't a pile of video games, but a book with a video game on top. Will had bought Nico a hardback version or Divergent, a book he'd been longing for since it came out.

"Holy shit," Nico breathed. "Are you serious? When did I even...? How do you always know what books I want?"

Will shrugged, but kept smiling. "I pay attention. Merry Christmas!"

Nico laughed happily. "You two are something else," Nico said.

"Awesome, yeah we know," Thalia said.

"Well, what do you guys want for Christmas? I'm not the best at gifts, so you'll have to actually tell me what you want."

"You were able to get Percy a gift on his birthday no problem," Thalia said.

Nico noticed Will's smile fade. He was like Percy in that way. Don't mention one in front of the other unless you want a moody teenaged guy all day.

The few times they've ever had to interact were usually disastrous.

Once Percy went over to see if Nico wanted to go to the movies with him and Annabeth, but Will was already at Nico's house. They were playing soccer, and even though it was cold, they were both playing for so long, they were shirtless and still sweaty.

During the time, the way it was most of the time really, Nico had been covering for him to go out a lot. He reassured Annabeth that he didn't mind. In return, Annabeth made Percy arrange days when the three of them would go somewhere together.

That was one of those days. But since Will had appeared so suddenly, Nico had to raincheck.

He didn't think it'd be a big deal, until Percy got upset. "That's not fair, we've planned this for a whole week, Nico. This is like the blockbuster movie."

Will rolled his eyes. "It's not like he can't go another day."

Percy had to take a deep breath. "Nobody is talking to you, Blondie. Stay out of it." Percy shifted. "Just, never mind. You're with Solace anyway."