Ch. 61- You and Me

~Lifehouse

Sidenote. I apologize for the post I sent out the other day. A commenter made me really upset and I had a moment of idk what. Don't take it personal guys. I love all of you. Thank you for reading it means a lot to me.

July 2, 2014

At first the ride had been fun, filled with loud music, the feeling of freedom, Tyson's excitement as he rambled on about all the stuff he wanted to do, and laughter. Then, as the early hour hit them- because in the summer, ten a.m. was very early- they quieted down, frustrated with the cramped space. "I think I'm going to be sick," Annabeth moaned from the back of the car.

Nico grimaced. "Annabeth, we're almost there, okay? Just... don't look out the windows." He gave Percy a worried look.

In the backseat, Leo, Hazel, Tyson, and Frank were trying to distract Annabeth from her carsickness. Percy turned and tried to help as well. Nico mentally cursed the builders for making the only decent waterpark in the city so far away.

Ten very tense minutes later, Nico pulled into the parking lot for the water park and found a parking spot. Derek pulled up beside him a few moments later, then Beckendorf on the other side. Annabeth opened the door and stumbled out quickly, gasping for fresh air.

"Is she okay?" Will called from Derek's car.

"Car sick," Percy answered.

"I'm fine!" she called. "Okay let's unload and find a good spot before it gets crowded."

They'd made sure to arrive early to get good parking and a good resting spot by the main pool. As everyone unloaded the coolers and backpacks and towels and bags, Nico pulled out the money they'd pooled together for admission.

The group made their way to the entrance and managed a spot next to the pool near the concession stands. Since it was so early, nobody really wanted to go into the pool just yet. Leo came back with locker keys for them to keep their things in while they toured the rest of the rides. In the meantime they lounged on the long beach chairs and their towels, talking as the day began to get hotter.

"Leo, where's Allison?" Thalia asked.

"Ah, she didn't want to come without Andrew, and Andrew.... Well, he didn't want to tag along for obvious reasons." Nico glanced at Will and found his blue eyes flitting around anxiously as Derek obliviously rummaged around his backpack for sunscreen. "Anyways who's going on the hurricane with me? Annabeth you're out of the question."

"What! Why?" she said indignantly.

"Oh I don't know maybe because you almost hurled in Nico's car already?" Percy answered with a smirk.

"Well.... That's different," she pouted.

"I'll go on it," Frank said.

"Me too," Beckendorf said.

"Percy, what about you?" Leo asked.

"I'm down," he answered. "Neeks?"

"Nah, I'm good here," he said. "I'll stay with Tyson."

In the small amount of time it'd taken all of them to coat themselves in sunscreen and find their locker, the park began to get crowded.

"Come on, let's get our locker," Nico said, nudging Percy. Percy nodded and followed.

"When you get back, let's go get in line for the Hurricane, dude!" Leo called after. Percy gave him a thumbs up.

As they walked, Percy slid his hand into Nico's. "When did you say your dad gets back?"