Part 1

Chapter 1

NARCISSA MALFOY

War ravaged Britain's wizarding world, threatening to rip apart the very fabric of the society itself. Yet, in the Malfoy manor, there was another battle being waged. Screams filled the Halls of the ancient manor as a nervous Narcissa Malfoy nervously paced in front of one of the bedrooms.

'AGHHHHHHH! HAAAAAA!' the deafening screams of a woman from across the rooms made her heart tremble in nervousness as she just paced outside praying to the Gods above. Narcissa Malfoy nee Black, the youngest of the Black sisters, could only pace in helpless agony as the screams from the room got louder and louder.

The whole manor was on lockdown, and the Dark Lord had forbidden anyone to leave or enter the manor. And yet tragedy had struck as her sister entered her labors early, and Narcissa could do nothing except hope for these untrained midwives to help her sister deliver the growing child in her belly.

'AGHHHHHH! GET IT OUT! JUST CUT IT OUT!' she heard Bellatrix scream, and her heart ached as she heard the scream, and she decided that it was enough. She needed to get her sister to a healer. Perhaps, she could call one of Lucius's friends.

Before she had taken a step, a voice from behind made her stop.

"Narcissa. Narcissa," and she stopped in her steps and looked back to find Lucius walking towards her, his blonde hair a tangled mess. His eyes had dark circles under them because of the happenings in their manor over the last few days. Yet his lips turned slightly upwards upon seeing her, and the ever present doubt about her side in this wretched war was wiped away from her heart.

"Where are you going, Narcissa?" he questioned her as he walked to her side, and she looked to the floor, knowing she couldn't lie to him.

"She needs a healer, Lucius. I cannot hear her scream any longer," she pleaded to him, yet as soon as the words left her mouth, she saw his face pale as he gripped her arms a bit forcefully.

"What do you think you are doing!" he said as he pulled her back, making her stop and look at him as he continued, his voice quivering slightly as he continued whispering.

"The Dark Lord was very clear! No one is supposed to enter or leave the manor tonight!" Lucius's voice was filled with fear of retribution, not just for himself. But for her as well. Yet Narcissa couldn't just hear her sisters scream.

"Lucius, she needs a healer. We have to do something," she whimpered into his arms, yet she knew that he was as helpless as her in these circumstances. Lucius wrapped his arms around her, as he tried to reassure her.

"I will see what I can do," and with a parting kiss, just as he was about to leave her the Bellatrix's screams died down. Dread filled her heart as soon as silence encompassed the halls of Malfoy Manor.

And then it was broken. By the faint cry of a child, it lit her insides with hope as she rushed towards her sisters' room. The room smelled of blood and gore, and one of the maids looked up at her smiling as she cradled a small bundle in her arms.

"It's a boy, Lady Malfoy," Narcissa smiled, walked up to the maid, and caught a glimpse of the child whose voice filled the room. His wrinkly face and the small tuft of black hair made him look like a smaller version of her own sister, at least according to her. Much unlike her own child, who resembled her husband a lot more than herself.

"Where is he? Where is her?" suddenly, an exhausted voice broke her out of her reverie, and she sprung to her sisters' side. Bellatrix was pale as a sheet and was cold and clammy. Narcissa passed a hand through her hair as she motioned for the maid holding the child to approach her.