Part 20

Chapter 20-Epilogue

HERMIONE GRANGER- (2012)

The wizarding world had changed a lot since the day she had first stepped into the magical Diagon Alley. And even though things had seemed rather hopeless at one point in time, yet now she could say that the wizarding world was in a much better condition than the one she had stepped into.

She may have missed the underlying tension and bigotry plaguing the world when she had first entered the magical castle of Hogwarts, yet now, in hindsight, she could see the cracks in society. Cracks that had been the remnants of the first war against Voldemort.

Voldemort, or Tom Riddle as his name was, may have been the main instigator of the conflict all those years ago, yet he was only a symptom of a much greater problem. A social problem that had risen up with the increased influx of muggle-born into the wizarding world.

The traditional pure-blood families had thought of it as an invasion, especially with their influence and numbers waning. That sense of being threatened had caused a sense of rebellion in them and had been what had instigated the First Wizarding war.

It had taken two wars over the span of thirty years for the wizarding world to realize the error of their ways. Even for her it had only been after the trial of Crovus Lestrange that she had begun to search for where this magical, and miraculous society had gone wrong.

Yet things had changed after that trial, and it had all been because of him.

Crovus Lestrange was the man responsible for the defeat of the Dark Lord. A feat he had carried out at a great personal risk, despite he himself having little need for going against the Dark Lord.

He was a pureblood, one born into unimaginable wealth, and was the sole heir of three magical lordships. He was favored by the Dark Lord, yet had sacrificed everything to rbing down the man.

Many muggle-born had blamed the pure-blooded wizards for the war, laying the blame on them and their traditions. Yet his example and sacrifice had united them all and had instigated the change their society had needed.

And as she sat down once more in the Great Hall where it had all begun all those years ago, that change was visible. Unlike all those years ago, she didn't sit on the tables, but on the platform on a seat to the right of her once charms Professor, as the Transfiguration Professor and the Vice Headmistress.

The students in front of her were still clad in four different uniforms, symbolizing their Houses, yet they mingled with each other. Slytherins sat with the lions of Gryffindor, joined on the side by the ravens of Ravenclaw. They all sat together, irrespective of their houses, and chatted with each other, with several glances inching towards her as they whispered about her, just as she had once done for her own professors.

Yet the students in front of her weren't just humans, there were villas, and vampires, and with the new regulation and set to pass, soon they would even have goblins midst their ranks.

The age of Moderation and revolution. In the years after the final defeat of Voldemort, the wizarding world had been filled with strife as they all mourned the loss of hundreds and hundreds of lives that had been lost to the conflict.

And just as it had seemed that nothing would change, few people had stepped forward. People from her generation are too tired of the status quo. They had been ridiculed, called out, yet they had persisted. And their movement led by herself, Daphne Greengrass, and Crovus, each of them representing a different political faction, had won in the end, making possible the very change she saw right infront of them.