Part 10

Chapter 10

ALBUS DUMBELDORE ( Flash Back)

The headmaster of Hogwarts frowned as he found himself standing in the Hospital Wing, staring at the slumbering form of another student. The same student who had been at the center of a tragedy just a year ago. A tragedy that had resulted in one of the students being forced to leave the institution.

"I am telling you, Dumbledore, it was him. I have never known any other wizard capable of such feet," added the school's potions master from the side as Dumbledore examined the slumbering student. According to Pompfrey, the boy was fine and would wake up soon.

"And are you sure that he now knows about your secret?" Albus questioned his queasy potion master, who nodded through gritted teeth.

"And yet you still haven't explained to me why you decided to use legilimency on such a young mind," Albus added with heat in his voice as he looked towards the potion master, showing hos displeasure at his actions.

No matter what, the mind arts were advanced magic. Magic that could have a drastic effect of used on a mind so young. Severus gritted his teeth, and then sighed and reached into his pocket took out a piece of parchment and handed it to him.

Albus took it from him with a frown and began to skim through the contents of the paper, his face growing paler and his revulsion rising with each sentence he read.

"Where did you get this?" he said, as he looked at his potions, who simply looked towards the young Slytherin lying on the bed. And he frowned as he looked towards the potions master, who simply raised a brow.

"But how? This is an original modification of the amortentia and the Imperius. There is no way a second year could even begin to understand this," Albus argued, and Severus nodded.

"Yes, and that was the same question I had in mind. However, he seemed to not truly understand what he held," Severus said as Albus stared at the bed lying on the bed cautiously, his mind racing as he thought about what he ahd just heard.

"He wanted me to create a potion to negate the effects of whatever is on that paper," and at this, Albus frowned and looked at SNale once again, who nodded.

"Negate?" he questioned, and Severus nodded.

"Yes, he believes that...," and he didn't miss how Severus hesitated before he finally finished his sentence much to his surprise/

"He believes that his mother was the subject to the contents of that piece of parchment."

"Merlin!" Albus cursed, and dread pooled in his heart, horrified that anyone would be subjected to the depravity written there. Severus seemed revulsed as well as he continued.

"I don't know how he got that idea. But when I pushed and asked him about where he had gotten this from, he refused to budge. I feared that he had somehow gotten involved with you know who again, and then he accused me of working for him!"

And Albus nodded at that.

"I used Legilemence on him to probe out his surface thoughts to see how he had gotten his hand on that. Yet it didn't work as expected," Severus said as he wiped the blood dripping from his lip.

When a person uses the mind arts, especially the offensive art of legilimency the magic is said to weaken a person's own barriers, leaving them vulnerable to a subsequent attack. Yet even in that state, for anyone to rip apart the shields of a man like Severus, given his mastery in the field, was nearly impossible. At least for common wizards. He might be able to pull it off, yet there was one other wizard.