Part 14

Chapter 14

HERMIONE GRANGER

Hermione Granger felt her body jolt up, as rain ripped through her head. She tried to reach for her head yet found herself bound. Her heart thumped in her chest as she recalled her last proper memory.

The prison. She had been unable to sleep, devastated by what she had learned about Crovus Lestrange from the Headmaster she had decided to seek out the boy herself for some answers.

And then she had been kidnapped, much like him.

She felt her vision clear up before suddenly she heard the sound of shaking and looked up to find another silhouette beside her, bound to a chair just like her, shaking in his chair desperately, as a person stood infront of him.

She narrowed her eyes as she recognized that all too familiar face, despite the absence of his usual gold rimmed glasses. And a sense of relief passed through her as she tried to call him up.

'Harry' yet the words never came out of her gullet as she suddenly felt her body still as her eyes landed on his eyes, and a shiver ran down her spine as she saw their color.

Harry Potter was born with unusual green eyes, eyes that he had inherited from his mother. Yet right now, they weren't green. No, they were red. An ominous red. And that smile, that smile plastered on his face, was one she had never seen, one filled with malice and cruelty, and one may say many things about Harry Potter, but cruelty was something none would ever associate with him.

And then she saw him open his mouth, and the whole room shifted.

~"It's been a long time, son"~ she couldn't make out what was said as she saw him hiss. But his words made her skin crawl. His very voice and presence were making the magic in the air repulsive, and her heart was beating faster and faster as she realized that she had felt similarly whenever she had been in the presence of him.

Him. The Dark Lord.

Yet he was dead. Crovus Lestrange was restrained to a chair much like her, his arms and legs bound as Harry touched her face, his smile widening as she saw Crovus's body shake violently. He struggled in his binds, yet the binds refused to budge as she saw those orbs finally land in her and saw those red eyes glint in the darkness of the room, as dread pooled in her gut.

'Harry,' she tried to say again, desperately. Yet the gag in her mouth muffled her words, making it impossible for words to come out as she felt those eyes land.

"Ah, it seems our second guest is finally awake," she heard him speak, and his voice was different as well. Much deeper and filled with a promise if cruelty. He talked with confidence that she would never associate with Harry Potter.

"Hermione Granger, companion to the famous Harry Potter, the mud blood who brought down the greatest wizard of all time," he spoke with grandeur as he inched closer to her. Her body reacted on instinct as she tried to back away tried to get away.

Yet she couldn't move as Harry approached her. And by now, she was clear that this was not Harry.

"And yet here he stands, alive and more powerful than ever," he spoke, and her heart stilled at those words.

No. No. NO!

It couldn't be.

It couldn't be.

This had to be a joke, a joke. Or a nightmare, she said as she closed her eyes and tried to pinch her skin.

"Ohh, this isn't a nightmare. No, this is real," said the man as he reached for her face. She struggled to get away from his touch, yet the binds made her immobile as she felt him touch her forehead and then pain.