Part 19

Chapter 19

DAPHNE GREENGRASS

Daphne Greengrass found herself standing in St. Mungo's after the end of the trial proceedings. The Trial had officially come to an end, and though there were doubts lingering in her heart she had done the best she could.

And now she could only pray that it proved enough. For this trial was no longer just about Crovus, no it was also about the little child she held in her arms. Astoria Crovus Lestrange was a little child, born prematurely the little bundle of joy had been fighting for her life since the day she had taken her first breath.

Named after her own sister, she shared a connection with the little girl. It was magnanimous of Adelaine to name her like this, and the blonde seemed to be aware of Crovus's relationship with her sister.

Yet Adelaine had told her that she was aware that she could never replace Astoria in his heart, and neither did she wish to. The girl simply cared for Crovus, and wished to be with him. Both of them had now bonded with each other, and she had offered to make her the girl's godmother. An opportunity which she wished to accept,

Yet the girl was strong and, despite the odds, had refused to give up. And she hoped neither would Crovus. He had to wake up, had to know that there were still people waiting for him, praying for him.

Adelaine had left the court and had rushed to his side once more; just like the last three days, she had refused to leave his side.

"She is fine; she just has a bit of a fever from the change of atmosphere, but she will be fine," the healer assured her as he gave the little girl's cheek a small pinch.

She had volunteered to take her to a healer, for she had felt that she had been unnaturally flushed. Worrying for her health, she had taken her to the healer, though thankfully, it seemed that there was nothing wrong with her.

"I am not prescribing her anything yet; just take some precautions, and hopefully, she will be fine," he said as he looked toward her.

"Though, if you feel her health deteriorate, please bring her to the ward immediately," he said pointedly.

"With her history, I believe it would be prudent if we don't take any risk," he said, and she nodded.

"Thank you for this, healer Shafiq," she said as she stood up, scooping up the little blonde girl in her arms. She walked out of the room and found Tracy waiting for her outside.

"The special edition has been published, and from what I have heard, it's flying off the shelves. Your gamble worked. The people are sympathetic to Crovus's case. Convicting him right now would be suicide for the Ministry," Tracy said as they began to walk towards Crovus's room.

"Good," she said and saw that even in St. Mungo's, people were all busy reading the special edition, their noses buried in the Prophet, as they read Tracy's article.

"They wouldn't really convict him, will they. He has suffered enough," Tracy questioned from the side, as she adjusted her glasses.

"I hope not, but even if they do. I have several motions prepared already to challenge any such rulings," she told Tracy, who looked at her with a raised brow.

"Good, if you need me for anything, don't hesitate to ask," Tracy offered, and she nodded, though the brunette had done enough for her.

Tracy's eyes then moved to the sleeping bundle of joy in her arms as her expression softened.

"She must be little Astoria," she said as she touched the little the little girl's nose.

"Yes," she confirmed, and Tracy began to play with the girl, scooping it out of her arms.