Part 6

Chapter 6

DAPHNE GREENGRASS

Daphne Greengrass sat in her room reading through the various documents, The proceedings had been adjourned, though the trial was going better than her expectations. Ginny Weasley's testimony hadn't truly been needed, but it had gone a long way in building the whole narrative and exposing the intricacies of exactly what had happened.

Though she knew that it could also lead to the revelation of some other things as well, things that she knew Crovus wouldn't want to be made public.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and she looked up and glanced at the time. There was still time left before the court resumed, so who was knocking on the door?

"Who is there?" she questioned, and came a quick reply.

"It's me, Percy Weasley," she was surprised by this. She had known Percy Weasley before this case and had worked with him for some other cases previously. He was a decent person with good ethics, and she considered him a good lawyer despite being on opposite sides in this case.

"Come in," she said as she closed the folder and put it to the side. After all, she wouldn't want him to get a look at what she had in store. He entered her room, a folder in his hands, and she motioned for him to take a seat.

"Though it is a little too early to be offering a deal, but I wouldn't mind it," she joked and saw him smile as he shook his head.

"I am afraid your guess is wrong. I am not here for a striking a deal, but I wanted to ask you a questioned?" he said as he sat down opposite to her, making her frown.

"Ask me a question. Sure, though you will have to be quick about this because the proceedings are set to start in a couple of minutes," she reminded him as she pointed towards the clock. He nodded and passed the folder to her, she recognized the St.Mungo's logo on it and stilled.

She had a pretty good idea about what was in that folder, and she opened it and read the name on the file.

Astoria Greengrass

This file was perhaps the biggest reason why Crovus had ended up where he had. It was a source of shame for her as well.

"Where did you get this?" she questioned Percy sharply, and he just shrugged as he leaned back into the chair.

"I don't think matters, though what I find rather intriguing is that for some reason you are representing the same person who was responsible for killing your siste...." But she cut him off before he could finish.

"Do not finish that sentence, Percy!" she warned him, her eyes narrowed.

"Crovus was being controlled by the diary. He would never do anything to hurt Astoria ever," she said heatedly. A part of her hated her past self for ever thinking differently.

"You may say that, but the file says differently, and so do your friends who say that you threatened Crovus, telling him to stay away from your sister after this whole incident," he said, and she gritted her teeth, loathing herself for what she had done. But she had a chance to redeem herself, and she would do right by him.

"Percy, the truth isn't as simple as you think. Do not pursue this. Let it remain in the past. Crovus has suffered enough already," she implored him, though Percy didn't seem to take her seriously.

RING. RING. RING. RING.

The bell rang, informing them both that the proceedings were set to resume, and she saw Percy pick up the folder as he stood up.