Part 11

Chapter 11

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

"Enter," Albus spoke and watched as the door to his office was opened, and a rather familiar face walked into his office. And despite it being years, he found himself flinching slightly as he saw that familiar face.

For all his faults, Corvus Lestrange's uncanny resemblance to Voldemort had always uneased him, and yet on this day, as the boy entered his office, the boy's behavior put Albus on edge. It was as if he was watching a young Tom walk into his office, yet despite his unease, he smiled and looked towards the boy as he asked.

"I have been expecting you, Mr. Lestrange. Come have a seat," he said, and the boy nodded as he reached for the seal opposite to him and sat down, and then since he had first entered his office, Albus found himself looking straight into the boy's eyes and stilled at their eerie similarity to those of another bright student who had once sat in that very same seat.

Yet apart from their uncanny similarity, he found himself surprised by the mental defenses of the boy. He didn't miss the use of Occlumency and was surprised by his sheer proficiency in the mind arts.

"Now, tell me what brings you to my office, Mr. Lestrange?" Albus questioned. The boy had written a letter to him a couple of days ago asking for a meeting, something which rarely happened.

"I have come here to propose a deal, Professor," the boy spoke coldly, his voice even as he stared into his eyes, his words making him frown.

"A deal?" he questioned with a frown, and the boy nodded.

"Yes, indeed, a deal. One that will help rectify one of your biggest mistakes," the boy answered, making him frown as he realized just exactly what the boy was referring to.

"The Dark Lord. I will help you bring down the Dark Lord. After all, you knew what he would grow up to become, you always knew, and yet you did nothing as you watched him rip the very society apart, exploiting young wizards and witches, recruiting students from this very school right under your very eyes. Yet, you chose to be but a simple bystander, watching as students from these very Halls ended up in his crutches," the boy said in a heated way, and those words cut through him, highlighting his greatest shame.

"I believe you are misguided, Mr. Lestrange...." But he was cut short as the boy cut in.

"It was this office, right," said the boy as he looked around at his office, with him stilling at those words.

"This very office in which you denied him the job he most coveted, knowing what he was becoming or what he would go on to become." The boy cut in sharply.

"Friends, he called them, the group of people waiting for him at the Hog's head. Death Eaters, you countered, sitting in that very chair, knowing in your heart what they would go on to become," he countered, and Albus sighed as he spoke sharply.

"I believe that is enough!" and saw the boy flinch as his magic rippled through his office, yet he pulled it back immediately as he took a deep breath.

"This matter does not concern you, Mr. Lesrange. You should focus more on your studie..." yet the boy cut in.

"Peter Pettigrew escaped today, didn't he?" the boy cut in, and Dumbledore was surprised how the boy knew of this.

"And before he did, Sybil Trelwany made a prophecy today, in a way similar to how she made one to you about The Dark Lord and the so-called chosen one," he continued, and Dumbledore hadn't known that.