How it all began

Rough seas make strong sailors. Tough times builds greater people.

The young girl sat at the window of the underwater palace, her multi-coloured hair of shades of blues and greens floated around her as she watched the school of fish swimming pass. The young child had little twirls of coloured coral and seaweed twisted into her hair that floated about as she let her thoughts float. The same-coloured fish like scales covered her bare shoulders glittered in the light. The pointed fin that ran from her forehead down to the start of her spine twitch in movement as did her pointed ears as the sounds of the party echoed thought-out the water wonderland of Atlantis.

The whole family had come to together in celebration of the Poseidonia. It had changed in the many years, wine still flowed but it had become more family friendly until you hid behind closed doors. Not that the little girl knows of what really happened on this day's sake.

"Little star what are you doing here?" the gentle voice broke though the child's drifting thoughts.

She twisted, her fin and tail pushing the water as she turned to face her mother. Aquata one of the princesses in the kingdom.

"It was getting too loud" the little girl stated, swimming towards her mother.

"And it has nothing to do with Auntie Ariel and Melody?"

The little girl pouted, "they were being mean"

"Little star," the older women sighed in defeat before drawing the girl up into her arms. With a flick of her tail - propelled them both up towards the glassless window. With the child in her arms the mother and daughter duo perched on the ledge. The young girl's hair drifting entwined into that of the darker shades of her mother's. "What were you thinking about?"

"An adventure," the little girl smiled, pointing a small hand towards the darken sea around them. "An adventure where I can view the world from the deepness of seas to the highest of mountains!" she let out a little giggle, "I have almost perfected my transformation of legs, it just feels weird when I shift" she pouted.

"I see," Aquata chuckled, understanding why the others had annoyed her.

It wasn't hidden knowledge that a mermaid could in fact change their scaled tail into legs. It was a form of self-defence to hide when pirates and others wished to do them harm, but it requires time, skill and practice. Some of the merfolk couldn't or wouldn't change, some changed yet the slightly touch of water transforms them back.

And Ariel in all her... obliviousness seems to skip those lessons and head straight to a sea witch.

Breaking several laws and rules to go onto land after saving her lover prince.

"Well, I shall tell you a tale of pirates and adventure when you sleep. Little star, but for now we shall head back to the party. Family is important no matter who they are or what they have done. We must stick together in the deepest depths of the seas"

The mother and daughter duo stood or stood as they could with tails in water before slowly making their way back to the party.

Little did the mother and daughter duo know that the words would stay ingrained in the little girl's heart forever in the years to come.

--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-xx-

The little girl swam about the party room, having split up with her mother. She was looking for her grandfather, king triton. Though the king wasn't technically the king of the seas, he did the things a king did and ruled over the kingdom just not the sea like most land dwellers believed. That role before to another (he just hated the paperwork)

"Father, I understand but there nothing I, nor anyone can do about it" her ears twitched hearing her grandfather voice though the parting crowd.

"I understand, but they have to see to reason" she didn't know the other voice – it wasn't familiar to her ears. It was older sounding, with an underlining rumble that reminded the little girl of the storms she's witness above...

"Reason or nor, those at Auradon's have put there foot down. Nothing I could say will deter them and I cannot put our people at risk should they decided that we are the enemies for wanting to release your brother."

"I don't want him released; he could leave whenever. I just want him to do his job" the older voice sighed. "Maybe, we could get a message to him?"

The little girl maneuverer her way through the thongs of people - got to where her grandfather was. A curious smile on her face as she looked towards the older sounding man, he was tall. Taller than most in the palace, he had long hair that seemed to merge into the long bread. In his hand was a tall trident. But it was his eyes that drew the little girl's attention. It was the same sea green eyes, her grandfather had – the same sea green eyes she also possessed.

The taller man, locked eyes onto her small form that stopped away from the talking pair, not wanting to interrupt the conversation. Her grandfather noticing the older man's distraction looked in the direction also spotting her smaller listening form.

"Marianne, little star come over here" he called, gesturing to his lap.

"Marianne, this is your great grandfather. Poseidon. God of the sea, storms, earthquakes and horses. Father this is your great granddaughter Marianne, star of the sea. Though often we call her little star"

"She has my eyes" her great grandfather called in a curious manner, "Marianne, you may call me king Poseidon or grandfather if you like"

"Nice to meet you, grandfather" she muttered quietly, completely mesmerised by his eyes they were pretty and like hers, not something her mother nor father had.

Poseidon turned back towards her grandfather, "has she shown promised?"

"She has, though we have not begun training, as of yet. Little star can you show father what you shown me earlier on"

She nodded, holding out a hand before concentrating on the water around them. She concentrated on the currents gently coaxing them to make a small whirlpool in the palm of her child size hand.

"Impressive, if only you were older, and I would have a lovely job for you on the surface"

She snapped her attention away from the whirlpool letting it die out to the man before her. "I will do it!" she grinned, a chance trip to the surface? She couldn't pass it! "I almost got my legs sorted. I just need more practice walking!"

"Are you sure? It could be dangerous?! You don't even know what the job is"

"Father surly you can't be serious considering her, Shes still a child?"

"Yup! I can do it!"

Poseidon looked at the determine eye before him. "Thats why I propose a test. If you pass you can if not, I shall find someone else. Deal?"

"Deal!" the little girl grinned shaking the god's hand.

"Oh my" she heard her grandfather mutter in defeat. Maybe he shouldn't have introduced the pair.

To be continued....    

Hi all! 

This story has been written for quite a while - its just taken me awhile to actully publish it... 

The photo at the top is how i view the charater to look like it her mermaid form while older. the photo does not belong to me, it just gave me the inspiration for this character! the only thing that belongs to me is the OC and the storyline i created for her in the disnesy universe.  

i hope you alot enjoy this new tail - its a little bit of a different spin to how i usually write but i gave myself a challenged! feedback is welcome! (though please rememeber that im dyslexic so spelling and grammar issues i sometimes miss but i have improved) 

looking forward to hearing from you all.