Pretty Dress and Drama

As soon as marianne our lovely mermaid set foot back on auradon soil she was accosted by a worried jane – the fairy dragging the girl off towards the boat where the party would be held in under three hours.... eventually she manages to get away to appear for the ball.

"Marianne, you look lovely!" Evie squealed taking in the sight of the mermaid standing on two feet.

The girl in question wore a long blue off the shoulder dress. The bodice was made from clear fabric with seashells sewn into the fabric. She had up arm bands of shells holding the long open sleeves in place. The shelves and main skirt of the dress was made from light blue turning slowly to dark with bits of greens and golds entering the mix.

(i did have a different idea for the dress and then saw this picture on instag just love it for the character

(i did have a different idea for the dress and then saw this picture on instag just love it for the character... tired to describe it as best as possiable but wasnt sure if folks would get the image soo refernece photo^^ ) 

The dress was breathtaking, it made her feel at room while on land – you couldn't define her heritage, that's for sure. You could tell she wasn't fully human, there was something extra to her making her more eternal. She had soft makeup features and her blue –green strands of her hair were tied up into an elegant loose plait. That cascaded down her back.

"You look like a goddess!" Mal chuckled, glancing at the teen as Evie's helped her into her own purple gown.

"Not quite a goddess but close enough," she sent them a wink, maybe she'll start being more brutal with her hints "I'm off going to check to make sure everything is going smoothly" the mermaid gave the pair a small smile before stepping out of the room.

"What do you think she meant by that?" Evie muttered to an equally curious mal.

"She got back? Just like ben said..." wondered Mal

After doing the rounds, making sure things were in order on the deck, per order of jane. Fairy godmother's daughter taking charge – though the girl had a little excited giggled due to the fact she had a date to the ball. If others saw that the teen a little skip in her step no one commented.

Last things she needed to do was to find there runaway king. She descended into the depths of the ship, being pointed in that direction by another - only to spot a very shifty looking ben stepping out of a darken room.

She raised a brow at the sight, what was he up too?

"Ben?" she questioned stepping forward.

"M-marianne!" ben stuttered, closing the door tightly behind him. Marianne? Full name...

"ben..." she started lowly staring down at the king- arms crossing over her chest. She looked like a disapproving older sister. "What are you doing?"

"nothing" he said hurriedly, eyes darting about feet shuffling about. Though ben usually wore his expressions on his face he wasn't this bad usually at lying. The boy could lie and joke with a straight face. Kings special training, she had no doubt.

"lair"

"Its... It's..." he seemed to struggle on the words, "a surprised for later"

She narrowed her sea green hues at the boy before nodding. Taking his it as the true, for now anyway. "Okay then, I was just coming to fine you, it's about to start!"

Turning on her heels, ben let an out a big sigh of relief before quickening his pace to reach up with the mermaid – not before glancing back one last time to the unimposing door. His kingly mask settling back in place, no need for others to go rooting.

It ruins his surprise!

---a wee time skip---

The party was being to start, the people arriving on the red carpet to the boat. Showing off dresses and telling the TV hosts their designers. Evie was soaking up the attention while showing off Jewely made by a young girl on the isle. Good, more people on their side the better.

The boat had moved off, floating on the still seas around them. The band waiting for its que. The que, which was the arrival of king ben, who was chilling below deck for the moment. Marianne stepped up beside Evie as Mal escaped the would-be in-laws. "How are you?" Evie question linking an arm though her sister in all but blood.

"Uh, sort of feel like I'm going to throw up" mal responded honestly.

She chuckled understanding were the VK was coming from, "that's normal, a few more of these things and it be like walking through a park"

"Yeah? Okay that's okay?" carols muttered trying to be supportive.

"Look, we're right here with you, okay?" jay grinned, his time on the journey team helping a lot with.

Lonnie appeared by her elbow. "Star where have you been?!" the other girl whispered. "I have been looking everywhere for you! I have the greatest new to tell you, but I thought you had been trapped on the isle – ben said not to worry you swim across. Yet you didn't even let me know you were alright!"

"Sorry, Lonnie... I said hello to ben and then jane caught me, she was on a war path. I have been helping her out with all this. May have gotten caught up in it all" she gave the girl an apologetic smile.

Lonnie left out a huff, "we have a lot to talk about misses!" Lonnie pointed at her. "You may or may not be looking at the new captain of swords and shields..."

"Oh seaweed! Really!?" the merfolk's eyes widen in surprised! She couldn't believe it!

"Jay found a loophole in the rule book, a CAPTAIN and 8 men" realisation dawned on her as Lonnie sent a glanced towards a handsome looking jay. "We still have a lot to talk about though!"

"Agreed, I have many questions" Evie and mal nodded in agreement.

"Afterwards, okay?" she promised to the group.

Marianne smiled watch the group, that seemed to have bonded even more as after the trails on the isle. The trumpets begin to blare as the fanfare began – light focusing on the figure appearing the main man of the event.

King ben.

"King Benjamin!" a loud booming voice shouted over the cheering crowds. As ben walked down the steps towards the group, mal was nudged forward with the encouraging words of 'go get him'

"Mal, I wish I had time to explain..." ben started.

Marianne saw something flicker in the kings' eyes before her eyes widen in shock as another figure stepped into view at the top of the stairs.

Uma.

The older teen standing shyly on the top of the stairs in a stunning light blue dress. As pieces fell into place, that's what ben was hiding behind the doors. Not what but who he didn't want her to see. Uma, but what... she stared between the three in confusion and surprise as ben lead Uma down the stairs.

What was going on?

Why did balls never seem to go to plan?  

To be continued..... 

Another chapter done and dusted! hope you enjoy it! close to the end of moive two ~ 

Remeber i do not own any of the photos/GIFs

let me know what you think! 

lov ya all