Floating Comes First

Which lead to this point, marianne leading the crew of VKs to the enchanted lake. With a challenge for the group to learn how to swim. A challenge with few interesting words choices challenging their ego and pride. she had told them about the indoor and outdoor pool on school grounds, but the group didn't want others to see their weaknesses, she'd given the choice to them. The sea was way too dangerous for newbies to swim in due to the currents which left the enchanted lake. Especially the section between the mainland and the isle.

Perfect if you asked her.

"Here we are!" she waved her arms to the beauty that was the enchanted lake. Under clear glass like water, you could see the little fish – shiny star like peddles all hiding the lakes magically properties.

She fingered at the ties of her twin plates, releasing her multi-coloured locks which as Lonnie described them like the ocean in wild surfer Curles. Shaking her hair out of the plaits – releasing them their commitments. she began stripping, taking off the land dweller clothes down to her tied bikini. Scattering the items of clothing on the stone floor while kicking off the black sandals.

"Woah!" the boys exclaimed in surprised, at the girls' sudden action. She tilted her head in confusion. A small frown donning her face as she dragged her eyes away from the water back towards the VKs. "You got your swimming cossies, right? I told you to wear them, you can't wear your clothes to swim come on!" the frown turned to a wild grin as the mermaid dived straight into the cold clear water.

Something she'd done a thousand times before.

It was hard, her body twitching ever so slightly it wanting to shift as soon as she touched the water. It was like a contest inch under her skin begging to be scratched yet she didn't not – she wanted to keep the secret a little longer, might as well have some fun with the group. Her sea green hue sparkled with mischief as she swam down into the depths of the natural pool.

Above ground the VKs stared at the rippling water in surprise. Mal glanced at Evie's unsure what to do, "should we..."

"probably"

"I blame your boyfriend"

"Me too"

Marianne rose to the surface, biting her lip in an attempt to forget the contest inch under her skin and preceded in her first lesson. How to float.

It took a while, 30 minutes of coaxing them into the cool water of the lake and teaching them one by one to float on the surface of the water – to relax in the cold-water embrace – to don't panic whenever they landed in a body of water. Just the basics.

30 minutes of the inch slowly by surely turning into her mind screaming at her.

Was she a masochistic at heart? Wrong type of book Marianne – let's keep it to cleaner thoughts for the children reading it please!

The VKs sat stone floor, sitting within the circle of broken Greek style pillars. The vines closing the white marble with green. All but marianne were taking a small break from the water – basing in the days sun.

The mermaid laying half resting on the marble work half in the refreshing liquid – the bluenette letting out a content sigh as she gave in to the sensations racking her body.

Finally, she let the legs merge into her tail. Fins poking out of her skins as scales become more prominent. The pointed ears hidden by hair while her fin along her skull lay flat against her hair. Hidden. While below the clears waters her tail wasted from side to side, unnoticed by the tried VKs.

"I don't get how you can stay in there for so long" Evie admitted, sitting on the stonework in her blue and black handmade costume. A towel wrapped around her, giving her warmth.

The mermaid grinned, "I'm much more used to the water and its temperatures that you lot are, don't worry after a while you will get used to it as well"

"Will we be as good as you?" questioned mal.

"No" she stated bluntly, no matter what none of these VKs would never be as good as her in the water.

"Get fills me with lots of confidence" Jay muttered crossing his arms over his chest sending a glare at the female.

"Just because you won't be as good as me doesn't mean you join be as good as the other princess and princes in the school, I just have a calling to the water you see" Marianne grinned, a toothily grin her sea green hues eyes glittering with mischief. Let's see how preceptive the group now is around her.

The VKs stared at her in confusion, going over her comment in her head while looking at her smile. "A calling you say?" Mal glanced at the girl in disbelief.

"Why yes, I'm surprised you haven't work it out yet. You certainly haven't noticed" she nodded, looking down towards the stone a finger absentmindedly making a circular shape – the water dripping off her form slowly behind to move in the motion.

"What do you mean?" questioned Evie at the same time quiet Carlos spoke up, "you never mentioned who your parents are"

She glanced at the white-haired boy, humming in acknowledgement but not responding to the unasked question. She wanted them to work it out, sea green locked onto bright green with flecks of gold. Returning her attention to mal as the little whirlpool grew in size though still unnoticeable by the VKs.

A tense silence descended on the group only to be broken by a blinking mal who only noticed the water moving. "that's magic" she gasped.

Causing the other VKs to jump and stare in Surprise and the growing pool of water. "you're the one ben talked about" jay mutter putting the docks together.

In respond she flickered her finger, the water moved slashing direction in jocks face. He spluttered in surprise while the rest laughed. "Wait, who are your parents then?" mal questioned as the laugher died down.

"Can't you work it out?" she raised an eyebrow, tail moving slowly in the water behind her.

Evie stood walking to the girl, eyes studying her intently like she was truly seeing her for the first time. "you're a mermaid"

"What? Really?" Carlos looked between the pair in bewilderment.

Marianne grinned pulling her body fully onto the stoneground under the old ruin gazebo. "Took you long enough to notice!" she grinned her shimmering scale catching their attention shook out her fin, the blue/green scales popping upwards no longer hiding in her hair line.

"No wonder ben said it would be good learning from you" mal shook her head in disbelief. "And why he called you little fish"

She pouted, "one of the reasons though admitting the main one. I am not little though"

The group chuckled, at her comment. No one argument against her even though, she WAS the shortest in the group even Carlos was slightly taller that the girl on land. They have seen her talk more than a few haters of bens plans at school to know when not to pick the arguments.

"Since we have established that I am in fact a mermaid, why don't you land dwellers join me back in the water for some more fun!" Marianne grinned grabbing the closet (Evie) and pulling them into the water with a splash and a laugh herself following behind.    

To be continued.... 

and the fish is out of the net! 

i like how this chapter turned out, hopefully the characters are not too ooc, let me know how your finding this book! would love to hear from you all 

lov ya readers

xx