The fated meeting

That had been a few years ago, she had been to the isle of the lost many times since then and Marianne now at the age of ten she was once again back on the island. Though things were going a little differently compared to her other trips.

Usually, she never interacted with anyone on the isle, avoiding them at all costs. This time it was a little different. After her and hades talk about anything and everything (usually he would keep her updated about the going of his daughter who she learnt was call mal. For someone 'evil' he was a very caring.... it his own deathly way. He was a god of the underworld for one. He did have a slightly hate for Zeus sons though.

That she didn't fully understand having never met them before. (There was a lot of history she had yet to learn)

Since becoming a regular land dweller, her outfit had changed. She wore the sandals her got from hades only there were bigger size now. She wore a slightly more fitted long skirt, that with a pull of a knot would come undone (easily for fast transformations). Her top half was a baggy tunic that included a hood to hide her hair, it stood out a bit, easily for others to recognise her. The clothes themselves where dark making it easily to blend into the surrounding of the isle.

Which lead up to this predicament.

Marianne paused in the shadows, watching with slight fear at the sight before her. Figure trembling at the sight of a grown man beating a child. Up to this point the girl had done well to avoid the more ruthless, violent individuals on the island, perks of having aids of the gods and her smaller from. But today hadn't fallen in her favour.

The child in question was putting up a good fight, getting some hits in and dodging. But the older man obliviously had more experience and was using that against the eleven-year-old looking child. As the fight progress the adult gain more on the child.

She couldn't watch, as blood dripped on the floor. Couldn't watch as someone barely older than her got beaten. She glanced about the alley, in a desperate attempt to fine something. Anything to use – she knew her skills were no match for the adult. A glint of something sparkles in the corner of her eyes.

There.

A largish metal pipe.

Wasting no time, she grabbed it and ran.

"HEY!"

The distracted man, turned only to receive the metal pipe to the face. The man hadn't expected anyone to help, or intervene it was the isle after all – and the boy was far away from his so-called comrades. Marianne breathed heavily holding the pipe mid-air, seeing the blood drip from the adult's nose.

"Why you little!" he yelled, reaching up to grad her. She stumbled backwards, hood dropping releasing her multicolour shades of blue/green strands of hair. Not wasting anymore time she swung again – hitting him in the face with all her might. The adult dropped to the floor groaning in pain.

Keeping hold of the pipe in one hand she grabbed the boy's hand in the other. Dragging him out of the alleyway and away from the adult. Who defiantly was suffering from a headache.

Not that he would suffer from it for long....

She started to slow down out of breath – she was used to swimming not running. Which allowed the boy to pull ahead, instead of him following her, he was now dragging her throughout the streets of the isle.

There were nearing the sea, she could taste the salt on the air. Slowly the pair came to a stop both breathed raggedly as Marianne glanced about in fearful nerves. She knew this place, but the nerves where from her actions of the older male and what to do about the boy. She wasn't supposed to interfere with those on the isle.