Of Teasing and Hairstyles

Marianne heard rumours of a break in at the museums – well a false alarms and others saying that the VKs had broken in the old building. Nothing confirmed though. Just rumours spreading like 'wildfire' as the land dwellers say.

It did make her a little more cautious with her job for hades. She didn't want to push herself onto the VKs, but she still needed to keep an eye on them.

She was standing by her lockers with jane, the timid girls telling her about the VKs in the goodness 101 class the girl had to go into to visit her mother. The boys had been suggested to go try out for the tourney and from what she heard jay had done well though was given a rule book... Marianne let a chuckled as the girl's comment.

She glanced over janes shoulder, spotting ben and Audrey (who she noticed was standing closer to Chad) talking while glances at Mal and Evie by their own now painted lockers.

"What are you looking at?"

"The usual everything" she grinned, before nodded towards ben staring at mal, with a look... look of longing? She couldn't quiet place. Her eyes narrowed slightly; it seems she needed to talk to her beasty bestie.

"They scare me" jane muttered quietly.

"Why?"

"Well, their villains' kids. Everyone says that their evil just waiting for a chance to ruin us all" jane muttered holding her bag to her chest.

Marianne thought for a moment, considering her words. "They are kind of like you"

"Huh?" jane looked at her completely shocked at the girls respond. A dishearten look covering her features. "How could you say that?"

"Heard me out" the sea haired teenager cut in. "you hate when people judge you for your mum right?"

"Yea..."

"you're doing that exact same thing. Judging them for their parents" marianne pointed out, "I'm saying that you should get to know them first before we assume there trying to take over the world. Who knows they could just be looking for a friend"

"I don't know..." jane sighed, knowing her friend was right "I will try"

"Good! That's all I can ask" she grinned eyes sparkling. Her long waist length plaits shifting as she turned her head. Staring at ben. "Now I believe I need to have a word with ben."

Jane nodded before heading to the toilet – though this time she didn't make a noise as she walked pass mal.

Marianne stood behind ben, as mal said goodbye. Following her friend around the corner. "So...."

Ben jumped turning to face his face. "You and mal huh?"

"there's nothing, I'm just doing my duty to make sure their settling in okay"

"Really? It looks like you're after a new girlfriend" she teases, a small smile and raising eyebrow companying the tone.

Ben rolled his eyes, but didn't comment, "I'm gotta go, I'm helping Carlos train for the tourney"

"If you say so...."

Sea green eyes watched at the king turned, walking off towards the changing rooms. She shrugged – herself leaving for the pool.

--\s\g---

Marianne blinked at janes new hairstyle.

"Wow..." she muttered; it looked completely different but good on the girl. Hopefully it will start to bring her out of her shell.

"It looks good, doesn't it? I haven't shown my mum yet" Jane twirled a strand of brown curled hair around her fingertips.

"It looks great!" Marianne grinned, "and mal, did it?"

"Yup, I thought about what you said star, and while we were in the toilets we chatted, one thing led to another. Shes surprising, nice – a little stand offish, but you know" Jane shrugged a happy smile on her face.

"I'm glad you like the hair"

"Why couldn't you do it with magic?" jane pouted turning towards her.

She tilted her head, "my magic works different you know that" she pointed out, "Waters... a little different compared to" she waved towards the girl's new hair. Once again not the whole truth but most here only knew about the ability for water. "You know that"

Poseidon had asked to keep the others a secret unless dire.

"Star! Jane! Oh, my goddess! Jane, your hair! It looks great!" Lonnie, strolled up to the pair eyes zoning in directly to the Jane's new hair style.

"Right gonna go! Wish me luck with my mum" Jane waved goodbye, walking away with a slight skip in her step.

"Who. what..." Lonnie asked confused, looking between the Bluenette and the retreating fairy.

"Apparently mal did it with some magic"

"You think she'll do mine?" Lonnie asked. She hated her hair, but she didn't have the skill to improve it, and her mum wasn't a beauty pageant, she often cuts her hair with a sword still... much to Lonnie's dismay.

"Only one way to fine out"

After lessons and normal human swim session (she could never get over trying to swim with actually legs!), marianne followed the other girl into the room of mal and Evie. The pair could hear Jane moaning about her mum due to the doorway being open. Inviting themselves into the room. Lonnie took the stage requesting that mal would do her hair – even offering to pay the girl for the use of her magic.

Marianne placed herself on what, she guesses was Evie's bed, a smile on her as she watched the ragtag group. Seems like the villains' kids were settling in well.   

To be continued..... 

for some reason in my head lonnie name was lottie..... ahhhhh dont know how i made that mistake! another chapter do and dusted - some we will get back to meeting our dangerous pirate! 

but for now! 

On with the story!