Her first quest

Rough seas make strong sailors. Tough times builds greater people. 

Surprisingly for all, she passed the test with a determine smile, which consisted of sheath in human form and basic hand to hand contact with older people, which was more of a hit and run tactic. Thanks to her smaller fold she could easily sneak hiding behind crates and trash cans to hid from others.

"Little star, I can't believe you manage to convince grandfather and father into letting you do this" her mother gave her a hug as the mother daughter duo swam out of the sea depths, towards lighter waters. "I always knew you were going to travel but couldn't you listen and wait till you were older little one!"

As her mother scolded, her the little girl couldn't help but let out a small giggle, "but I'm helping grandfather! And I get to see..." she paused in thought trying to think of the correct wording... "great grandfather brother?"

"it's great uncle dear"

"Great uncle?"

"I know, little star" her mother smile softly at her daughter. "But it doesn't help, a mother worries not matter what their child does. And where your great uncle is – it's not a nice place."

"Why?" the ever-curious child asked.

"Many bad people got sent here, common folk and land dwellers like to call them villains but often than not it's just people who have lost their way." Mother sighed, "and instead of helping them improve themselves the land dwellers choose to throw them onto an island without aid to help them be better...what do they think would happen by putting bad with bad. I know you won't understand now but hopefully you will more in the future little star"

Aquata looked ahead, towards the glowing barrier before them. "You, ready little star?" she asked her daughter who nodded, her blue green hair floating about the water around her. Sea green eyes glowing with excitement. "yup"

"Good, one last thing, though they are not all bad, I must warn you to be vary of pirates. We, never seem to get on well with pirates so be vary about them. Mermaids and pirates have a lot of history, most of it bad."

"Stay away from pirates, got it!" she repeated with a nod.

Aquata couldn't help it but hug her daughter. Strong arms wrapping about her little one. Before pushing her towards the barrier. She had the key to open and close this little section, given to her by Poseidon. If these little trips were to continue maybe her daughter shall hold the key...

Aquata watched the tail of her daughter disappear into the murky waters surrounding the isle as her quests begins.

Marianne blinked the sea water out of her eyes as she viewed the grim beach before her. She hadn't though the beach and sea would be different from the others she seen but it was. The beach and surrounding sea were covered in litter of varying states of decay. Some, in which she didn't want to name, some she couldn't. The skies about weren't clear blue like the surrounding oceans instead had a dark patch of clouds hovering over the island adding to the gloomy atmosphere.

Sea green hues darted about checking for any land dwellers before making her way closer to the shore not a living being in sight. Walking onto land, her body changed smoothly like all the other times she changed; legs wobbling slightly like that of a newborn lamb as she got used to them again. The more she practices the more the transition would improve being flawless. She looked down towards her feet, wiggling her toes in a curious matter. Maybe one day she'd get use to the sight of toes instead of her tail.

She shook her hair, hair the multiple shades of the sea dripping over her shoulders as tried to collect her thoughts. she still had things to do.

It was the only thing she didn't like about walking on land – clothes.