Frenemies

One thing marianne wasn't expecting was to spot a quite crying princess hidden in a few corners of the enchanted library. She frowned, though she didn't like the brunette she hadn't wanted to end like this. Without a word she walked up to the brunette, took her hand before pulling her out of the library. Taking her down the corridors with the quite princess using a little magic to prevent anyone from really noticing the pair.

She pulled the girl into an empty classroom, normally she would have taken them to the enchanted lake, but she knew ben was heading they with mal and she didn't want to disturb their enlightening date.

Sitting the princess down, she sat next to the girl. Wrapping her arms around the girl in a sideways hug.

The princess cracked instead of the silent tears she was pouring out came the ugly sobs as she let her heart open and wide. Marianne waited, just holding the heartbroken girl slightly rocking her side to side. As she murmured sweet nothing for the teen to let it all out.

After half an hour or so the sobbing died down, bluenette finally spoke up. "Would you like to talk about it?"

"What's there to talk about?" Audrey asked looking up, her eyes red and puffy from the crying. "Ben left me, my parents are going to hate me once it gets out. They were really wanting me to be queen with king ben. I love him, love him and he pushed me off completely without even glancing back!" she was almost shouting by the end of it all. "Did you know! Know that he was going to drop me! I thought he would have gone for you instead of the villain!"

Marianne sighed, stupid love potion. "I told you plenty of time me and ben are just friends Audrey, we never seen each other like that. I know it hurts now but it will get better and soon enough you will be to your perky self, annoying me to no end!" she chuckled a little, "I have never been in love so I can't truly understand what you're going through, but I have seen a lot in my limited travels of the world – it happens, but you have to see the positive out of this."

Audrey pulled away, glaring intently at the audacity of the word, "what positive can come out of this!"

"Surely you noticed?" Audrey flinched at her comment, "bens feeling for you weren't at the same level at yours, now you can find someone who truly loves you for you"

"But my parents-"

"Oh fish sticks, your parents can do one" she spoke bluntly, almost laughed at the girl shocked expression, "they have the right to love for someone they both loved right? That means you should be able to fine your true love"

Audrey sat silently for a moment landed her words sink in, "how come you are being nice to me? That you know what to say"

"I have seen a lot in my travels" not limited to the interesting walk in the underworlds with uncles' hades, "I try to talk and connect with those on my travels. I was always a little mature for my age as how I looked out on the world. I'm curious about just about everything. So even though were frenemies, I'm not going to let you cry in a corner by yourself when you clearly need someone to talk to and lead on"

The princess straightened up on her seat, cleaning the tears away she stood making her way to the door. "This never happened," the turned pointed at Marianne who nodded and smiled knowingly, "don't know what you're talking about" she winked.

Audrey gave her a smiled, "and I away been jealous of your hair, it's really nice"

Marianne blinked the thanks dying on her lip's princess left the classroom without looking back.

Back to being frenemies then.

At least she knew that Audrey was human, she could cost that off the card.

---

Walking about the school she felt a hand grab her wrist pulling into an empty room. Instantly she went on the defensive – the attacker pinned against the wall in an instance. The trident appearing out of the bracelet with a swish of her wrist. She blinked in disbelief, lowing the sea coral weapon.

"Ben? Are you stupid"

"I may be currently regretting my actions...." mumbled ben from his pinned position on the against the wall.

She rolled her eyes before releasing the king. The trident returning to its position on her wrist, the shells like gently sounds to her ears. "What are you doing?"

"I think mal used a love potion on me" the soon to be king rushed out.

"I know"

"And I- wait you knew!" ben exclaimed gapping at her in disbelief.

She nodded, "I had a feeling why do you think I recommended the enchanted lake? It breaks those sorted things, your luckily it a weak one – if she used her mother staff to make it, not even the lake could break it"

"I'm glad you had the sense to sent me there..."

"I think maybe she felt threaten by Audrey" ben continued, talking about his theory, depending on what he said will depend on if she bollocks the purple haired teen.

"Why?"

"Well, after I jumped into the lake and realised my mind was clear. I stayed hidden to wrap my head around it you know. Going from potion to not" she nodded, "mal though I was drowning and called out then tried to swim to where I was to save me" the king exclaimed, running a hand though his hair.

"And?"

"She can't swim"

Marianne eyes widened in surprised, maybe she really did make a love potion because she was worried about Audrey. Who else would try and save someone in water when you couldn't swim. Maybe she collection more information before she acted. "Oh, but they live on an island?"

"that's what I said!" ben pointed out, "oh and I may have say volunteered you to teach them all how to swim"

To be continued.... 

its been discovered! love poition no more! 

another chapter edited and done! soon we will be meeting with our pirate. just a little longer. love you all. 

thank you for reading this story! let me know what you think!!