Growing Bonds

"If you practice magic, why are you here in auradon?" question mal, the girl seeming curious about her situation, "they don't really seem to approve of magic here"

"Well, the main school that practicing magic run by the genie but... it's a bit too dry for me in the dessert if you get my drift – here its closer to the sea" Marianne explained to the girl, adjusting the items in her arms. Her cousin of sorts had caught her in the flowing corridors in-between classes, hast why her arms were full. "it's not that people don't approve of magic it more that they don't understand it, don't need it and thus descended to pull it aside. It's very much an open secret that I am a magical being and I'm not the only one. Some of us still practice the olds arts"

"An open secret is that why you didn't mine showing us?" mal questioned a curious looking on her face – she was being trusted – somethings she wasn't used to.

"Like I said when we first meet, we could become closer, like family" she smiled at the purplenette, that twinkled in her sea hues that told the other girl she knew something she didn't.

"Isn't it dangerous? Telling us villains that your mermaid. I know people back home that would love to get hold of you for your scales" Marianne could have sworn she detected a trace of worry in her voice.

"If they knew the true power of my scales, they know they can't use them unless they have my trust – if not what they are attempting could become deadly to them. And they would be to get a hold of me first, which is the most dangerous challenge of all"

"What do you mean?"

"You really think I just trained to slash people in the face?" she raised an eyebrow, turning away from the half-god VK.

Only for the purplenette to quickly step in time next to her, "Are you going to be here for the family day?"

"I will be with family but won't be here.... if that's what you mean. I be in the sea or lake all day with my kin, some dislike the land and can't stay transform like I can all day, I have had a lot of practice"

Mal nodded wringing her hands slightly as the nerves got the better of her – marianne guessing from the thought of meeting ben's parents as his Girlfriend "What should I expect? Ben said about have he going to introduced me to his parents, oh and Evie wanted to know if there was a dress code or something"

She paused cocking her head in thought, "official dress code, most with dress up nicely – showing off their background if you will. I say something nice, easily to move in but true to yourself"

She nodded, a smirk gracing her features, "noted, nice isle style it is"

"As for ben parents... belle gave the beast a chance. They shall do the same too you – just be yourself"

Marianne bid the VK goodbye, turning towards her next class something that both scared her and intrigued her history of Woodmans and pirates. She paused for a moment her mind drifted back to the young pirate boy she had meet all that long ago....

"I wonder how he's going..." she muttered quietly to herself.

She blinked the thoughts away, returning her attention to walking. Sunday should be a good day for everyone. She couldn't wait to visit her family, swim and chat with them all day.

Hopefully she hadn't jinxed it...

--time skips--

She had jinx it.

By the fates, she'd jinxed it!

Ben had told her everything of the distracted that had happened on family day. It was going well till the grandmother of Audrey had caused a commotion. Tripping the ripple of events. She had half the mind to storm ben parents' office, and everyone involved, and demand am apologies on behalf of the VK's. Ben luckily convinced her otherwise the kingdom may not be standing for much longer, considering how stormy her hues had become.

It didn't help that most of the school's population where now avoiding the VK in fear that they would do something.

Marianne sighed, walking up to the room of mal and Evie. Why were land walkers so stupid?

"Mal, Evie, open up" she stated to the wooden door – she knew they were in there, having spotted the pair entering just moments before. Silent greeted her, "I know your both in there, if you do not open the door, I will enter via other means"

She waited a moment still nothing, "very well..."

She didn't brother using a proper spell, just the magic on her fingertips gripping around the nob – crushing it slightly as she swung the door open. "How-" mal muttered wide eye – she had blocked the door with a little bit of magic.

Marianne glanced at the pair, closing the door behind them, "I wouldn't have to if you two weren't avoiding me" she pouted, "I think we have established that I am more than what I appear. And I have also had way more training in my power compared to the week you have been playing with it"

"How you know?" Evie questioned, slightly worried that their plan... (Not that Marianne knew the real thing) had been discovered.

"Any magic user is able to sense the little things, as I been near you almost all week. I can sense the magic slowly leaking out of you so to speak as you have only just really been able to connect to your core. The more you train it the bigger it can grow and the more control you have, the easier it is to stop the leak – the same with the fairy godmother by the way she would have started to pay more attention after you changed janes hair"

"That worrying..." mal muttered, glancing towards an equally worried Evie.

"It very normal – considering who your parents are and where you been previously. It would actually be more worrying if you didn't leak a little magic. The barrier repressed most magics, it's always been with you wanting to break free and now it's out an opportunity. It's a good thing" the mermaid stated, sitting on one of the beds her hair in a fishtail braid for a change. "Imagine you're cores a bottle of water, the water inside is your magic, the more you grow older the more the body grows as does the bottle and water. However, the barriers stop the core from growing and in turn can cause the bottle to overflow which can be devastation to your person. You're lucky your parents are who they or you may be very ill right now"

The pair took over the information for a moment, before nodding. Minds turning back to some sick children of the isle maybe that was the reason. Though mal was processing her words 'who your parents' does that mean she knew? That auradon knew who her parents where? Quickly dismissing the notion (ben would have mentioned it...) The VKs exchanged glances. They should be able to sort it soon... just a day and the wands would be theirs.

"So, what did you need?" mal asked, changing the subject.

"I'm going to talk over about what's happening tomorrow." she smiled at the groaned escaping her cousins' lips, "I'm right in thinking that Evie's made a dress for you right?"

To be continued...

ahh its getting close to the biy day! and more importantly, closer to meeting our lovely pirate again! 

cant wait! 

glad you lot are enjoying this story! 

lov ya xx