and so the story begins

"Wait? You mean Mal's going to be chosen to go auradon prep?" Hades asked in surprise to the now 16-year-old who sat in her own comfy seat the god had conjured up years before. The seat was a deep royal blue with little Streck's of green and black to made images of seaweeds and shadows – he didn't have to worried about people entering his lair, so he'd placed it in the centre of the room next to his own.

The cave had changed a bit over the years instead of looking dim and depressing, it now had a little personal touch. Hade having brought a few things from the underworld and marianne having brought little trinkets she though the man would like from her limited travels. The lateness being a rock with imbedded crystals that appeared to glow it the dark (she'd found in some underwater cavern she decided to explore it, instead of going to school) and a pitch-black spiky seashell.

"Yup, I was talking too soon to be king ben. He doesn't think it's fair for innocent children to suffer due to the crimes of the parents. They're gonna announce it tomorrow I believe" Marianne nodded a smile glittery her face, she had been working towards freeing those of the island since she started at the school of land dwellers, years ago and befriended ben.

"Little fishy, you mind doing me a favour?" hades asked with a serious tone.

"And what, dear uncle, do you offer me in return?" she responded in a slightly jokeful matter.

"I shall let you pet Cerberus" he offered after a moment's thought.

"Deal! Can't wait to see Cebby again!" she grinned, lifting a hand for him to shake. "You need to stop making deals till you hear the other side"

"But it's you..." she tilted her head innocently while her eyes twinkled. Hades sighed dramatically patting her head.

"Don't change, can you keep an eye on mal? Be friends or something?"

"Sure, would have done that anyway" Marianne nodded, getting to her feet, flashing him a smile.

She had grown in the past years, her hair tided back in long twin plaits each all the way down her back. Had little sea flowers, and small shells braided into it. It was the usual hair style she had while in human form it made taming her surfer curls a lot easier. Her clothes fitted her a little more, but where still easily removeable – just a little sturdier and sandals more robust. They also had a little more colour – dark black with highlights of shades of blue. Her skirt danced about her calves as she stood, waving goodbye to the god. The charms on her wrist dangling together as she did so.

Her upper body was covered in a hooded crop top, much more manageable for quick changes and swimming in the water. It the skin showing made her feel more like her, Yet the hood allows her to hide the sea shades of hair that continued to grow longer and longer by the day.

For her 12th birthday, she was given her own enchanted trident. It took the form of a seashell bracelet with little pale shells, stones and sliver charms. No matter what, the bracelet would return to her wrist – prefect for her trips to the isle.

But now she had to make her way back to the sea – avoiding the locals which got harder the more she grew older – and back to the school to help ben with the VKs.

A lot had changed over the years.

-----

"So, I was thinking we should probably do something small for them" Marianne spoke up in the meeting for the welcoming Commitee. "This is something completely different from what they're expecting and used to... We don't want to overwhelm them"

"I disagree" Audrey spoke up. The princess, daughter of sleeping beauty (as she liked to remind everyone) wasn't happy at all about the VKs coming over and was letting everyone know about it.

"What's your idea then?" a member of the band asked.

"We shall have the whole band there, welcome sign. You know the whole works lets show them what auradon preps really like" the brunette spoke up, a fake smile on her face.

Marianne shrugged, as the other members began to agree with the princess. "Okay, Since Audrey, it's your idea, would you like to get it all sorted and organised while I take this paperwork?"

Though she asked, the girl in question was already picking it up and walking out the doorway. So was unable to hear the response. Being exposed to the isle may have influenced her a little bit. Hades was sometimes very sarcastic and sassy. She was still the curious adventurous girl from all those years ago just a little bit more mischievous. And no way was she going to let Audrey to order her about when she could avoid the hassle of the welcoming parade.

"Ben, I have the paperwork"

"Nice thanks, you think it work?"

"There will no doubt be some kinks at the start. But who knows maybe you'll get a new girlfriend out of this!" she joked her eyes crinkling as her smile grew.

"Hey there nothing wrong with Audrey!" ben defended the princess. Marianne raised an eyebrow at the comment. Pinning him with a stare she learnt from spending time with her mother. That women could just interrogate a criminal mastermind just with the stare.

"...be quiet you" ben muttered.

"Didn't say anything."

"Go jump in the pool fishy" ben scowled.

"Whatever you say, beast boy!" Marianne laughed, being smiling at her oldest friend. "On a serious note. It will work, it may be a bit rough at the start, but it will. You have worked hard for this ben; you have to trust yourself. If you don't have confidence in herself who will?" marianne spoke softly giving the boy a hug, "we are giving those that need it a new life, sound enough all those innocent children will be able to live a carefree childhood without the parents' crimes lingering over their heads"

"I know, I know. Just worried it's may first duty as king I want it to go well or my people my never trust me" the soon to be king sighed, the weight of the world on his shoulder.

"Beasty boy" marianne called out, "you have a whole crowd of people here ready to support you don't you forget!"

"of course, thanks I needed that. Little star!"

"I'm not little!"  

To be continued....