2 || Fix-it Felix

I fixed up the half-dead man I found on the street and made sure his wound was sterile

I check his pockets for some sort of indication as to who this man is and I come across an ID. I turn it over.

When I see the name in bold print, I drop the card to the floor in shock.

No.

This has to be a mistake.

I pick the ID up from off the floor and read it over again.

Anatoly King.

There's no way he can be Anatoly King, not the Anatoly King I've heard of.

Anatoly King is the current leader of the Spanish mafia, he rose to the throne when the previous leader was killed. He's an opportunist. He grew up in this world, his parents were the previous leaders of the Russian mafia, the title his older brother now holds.

Although him and I are from the same world, I've only ever heard about him. We've never actually met and I hope to god if this is the Anatoly King he doesn't know who I am because if he does it will be catastrophic. Everything I've built here will have been for nothing. He can not know about me or my son.

He rose to power after I'd gotten settled here otherwise I would have reconsidered my decision. I would've gone somewhere where the name Reyna Levena didn't mean anything. He can't put a face to the name but it wouldn't take a genius to figure it out, especially if he's seen me passing by him at a mafia event. I have no doubt he knows my name, Blaine (the leader of the Italian mafia and my friend) is his associate and he's in with the same crowd as I was.

I wouldn't consider Blaine, or anyone for that matter, a friend of Anatoly's because the only one Anatoly is loyal to is himself.

I can't take any chances, I need to get him out of here.

After I'm sure he's alright and I'm certain there's nothing more I can do for him, I take him back out into the night. I place him somewhere more comfortable, slumped under a tree so that he's more out of sight, before walking back home.

I feel bad for just dumping someone outside but I was at least kind enough to patch him up first. He'll survive.

I spend the little time I have to sleep with my mind racing.

Surely it has to be a coincidence, right? Two people can have the same name.

The next day Jasper comes round for breakfast as he does on random days, I'm sure there's method somewhere in his madness.

I go about my day feeling paranoid.

Anatoly isn't where I left him on the way to work nor on the way back which leads me to believe he's alright and hopefully far, far away.

I pick Aiyden up from school and we go back to the house.

"Jasper left you a present." I say as he races through the door.