20 || Unpredictable

Tw: Explicit content.

"What do you think you're doing?" I ask Anatoly, crossing my arms in front of me

"You're staying in here." He says with a smile.

"No I'm not." I argue.

He steps closer to me. If he thinks he can just- "Yes. You are."

"No. I'm not." I step closer to him, titling my head slightly in a questioning manner. "Why do you want me to so badly? Can't get a girl to sleep in your bed?" I taunt.

"Who said anything about sleeping?" He fires back.

"I'm leaving." I state, moving to walk past him.

He stops me by his grip on my wrist. "I noticed you wearing my necklace. The one I bought for you for our first date. You didn't wear it but you kept it." He states. "You can't leave that easily."

His hand that isn't wrapped around my wrist reaches up to touch the necklace sitting around my neck.

I stare down at his grip on my arm, his touch soothing me but also heating my insides and causing my heart to race with the promise of danger.

My eyes trail up to meet with his daring ones.

I raise my eyebrows. "Watch me."

I try and pull free of his grasp but he holds on tighter.

"Let go of me." I demand.

"Why don't you make me?"

I move my arm in a way that twists his. While I'm concentrating on that manoeuvre he takes the opportunity to push me back. His grasp on my arm is released as a result of me twisting his arm but by that point my back is pressed against a wall with Anatoly caging me against it.

"Whatever expectations you have of your wife on your wedding night it's not happening, not in your wildest dreams." I state.

Anatoly smiles at me. "Darling, I have no expectations of you. You're unpredictable and therefore can't be held down by something as simple as expectation." His hand reaches up to gently touch the side of my face. His smile turns softer, his blue eyes gentle and sparking with admiration. "Tell me you're my wife again."

"I'm your wife." I say breathlessly from the closeness between us.

"Damn straight you are." He states. "And I'm never letting you go." I'm unsure as to whether that's a promise or a threat but either way I don't think I care.

My hands reach to pull his wrist back down and away from my face.

I lean closer to his face, the fire in my eyes burning as passionately as his. "Maybe it's I who's not letting you go. I guess you'll have to find out, husband."

I step out of his grasp and walk past him towards the bed.

"I'm taking the left side." I state because I can tell by the slightly cluttered dressing table that he prefers the left and I like to be petty. If he wants me to stay in here I'm not going to make it easy for him.