27 || My wife

A/n TAYLOR ANNOUNCED A NEW ALBUM SWOJWOEJDIDN "The tortured poets department" It's giving folklore/evermore vibes and I love it.

"Why do you look like you're about to cry?" Jasper asks as I walk back into the living room after laying Aiyden on the guest room's bed

"Why do you look like you're about to cry?" Jasper asks as I walk back into the living room after laying Aiyden on the guest room's bed. He's still fast asleep.

"Because Aiyden doesn't deserve any of this. That little boy in there is my world, he's so sweet and kind and I don't know what I would do without him. I just- I'm so aware that my choices affect him and I don't know what to do."

"Did Anatoly do something?" Jasper asks.

I shake my head. "No it's not him. It's just- well Anatoly's family is here and they're dangerous and I need Aiyden far, far away from them. I don't want him to have anything to do with this or them."

He nods. "Just breath and sit with him."

"Thank you for letting me stay here and not kicking me out."

"I'm suprised you went to me over Kamari, I thought you were still mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you but Kamari is mad at me." I state. "And you."

"Me?" He questions. "What have I done now?"

"There was an incident the other day which resulted in me making the decision to tell Kamari, not that I had much of a choice after what she witnessed.."

"The incident at the restaurant?" He questions.

"Yeah." My eyebrows furrow. "How did you..." I trail off.

"I helped Anatoly stop them but I didn't realise Kamari was involved. I was under the impression that I was helping you. I didn't even stop to think that it would impact her anyhow, I mean it is her restaurant."

"I don't know if she's mad exactly or just scared. It must come as a shock to learn that your two closest friends are secretly in a mafia."

"I guess that's why she's ignoring me."

I sit on the bed in the guest room and wrap Aiyden protectively in my arms. He's still asleep and has no idea what's going on right now. It relaxes me a little to know that he's safe and in my arms.

The realisation doesn't last long though because I hear a commotion in the living room.

"Where is she?" I hear a familiar, worried voice say.

My breath gets caught in my throat.

Anatoly wouldn't hurt me or Aiyden, just breathe.

I carefully lay Aiyden back down on the soft mattress before walking out of the room and into the living room.

"Reyna." Anatoly says breathlessly as his eyes land on me.

I protectively cross my arms over my chest. Jasper looks to me to gauge my reaction. He doesn't know what to do.