13 || Another lifetime

"Reyna

"Reyna." Valentina says, walking into the bedroom that Aiyden and I were left in. I sat on the floor the full night staring at the door and debating what to do. I only moved when Aiyden woke up. After that, someone came to bring us food. Other than that, we've seen no one. "Anatoly wishes to see you alone." She says. She doesn't hide the fact that she's mad at me. I would be mad too if someone dicieved me.

"I'm not leaving Aiyden." I state.

"It's ok mama, she's the girl from yesterday. She's nice."

"Not happening." I say directly to Valentina. "If Anatoly wants to see me then he can but I'm not leaving Aiyden by himself." I cross my arms over my chest.

"He wouldn't be alone he'd be with me." Valentina says boredly.

"My answer still stands."

"Fine." She says. "Anatoly is going to love this." She sarcastically mumbles.

Valentina leaves and a few minutes later she comes back.

"There are children present so I won't repeat his exact words but he said if you don't get down there right now, you won't be going anywhere ever again...if you get what I'm saying."

I let out a huff.

I might as well see what he wants to say. The only thing stopping me is leaving Aiyden but if I have to leave him, I think Valentina might be the safest option.

"Aiyden." I say, holding out my hand for him to take.

"Where are you going?" Valentina asks as we walk towards her.

"You said Aiyden can't be in the room but you never said he can be in the next room."

She rolls her eyes. "Whatever." She mumbles, leading the way.

I keep hold of Aiyden's hand until we stop at a door.

"He's in there. We'll be next door." She says, taking Aiyden. I watch as they go into the next room. I desperately want to follow them and to make sure he's safe but I know what I need to do.

I open the door in front of me and cautiously walk inside.

Anatoly is sat at the head of a long dining table. His eyes lazily meet mine as I walk into the room.

"I heard there was some trouble." He states.

"What do you want, Anatoly?" I ask, wanting to get straight to the point and back to my son.

I start walking towards him. "Take a seat." He says, pointing at the closest chair to him.

I take a seat and notice some of my things spread out on the table in front of him.

"Why do you have a bunch of things on your table?" They're all from my locked drawer that I give him the key to so I could prove I am who I say. He's obviously searched hard for a better look at my past. It feels like he's trying to better understand me and I'm unsure if I find that unsettling.